I'm completely lost with configuring my nexus one. Pls. Help.

This is a discussion on I'm completely lost with configuring my nexus one. Pls. Help. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello. It's been a while since I last visited this forum.. It is because I've had my phone water damaged. I decided to buy another ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm completely lost with configuring my nexus one. Pls. Help.

I'm completely lost with configuring my nexus one. Pls. Help.

Hello. It's been a while since I last visited this forum.. It is because I've had my phone water damaged. I decided to buy another one. And 2 days ago, I tried rooting again. 2 days ago, my phone is rooted and unlocked, has Gingerbread 2.3.4. Everything was fine until I started flashing 5.08 radio firmware. I did a wipeout before attempting to install cyanogen mod 7.0.3. However, I always get a (status 7) error.

That's not really my concern since I can put ip with stock gingebread. What's really bothering me is that I no longer see the 3g icon. Eventhough the network signal is strong and I turned my wifi off, 3g, edge, H, signal isn't appearing on my notification bar. Now I have also tried to update radio firmware to 5.12, still no luck. my Hboot is 35.0017. How can I make 3g icon appear again. Btw, I also can't send sms. It always give me the "sending failed" notification. I also tried *#*#4636#*#* but I really dunno how to configure it. Im afraid, Im gonna mess my phone even more. I also made new APNs. No Luck. Rooting is getting even more complicated. If I can get 3g to function again then I will have to stick with OTA updates. LOL! Thank you very much!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

IN Phone Info (*#*#4636#*#*) it says:

HTTP Client test: Fail: IO Exception
    GSM service: In service
    GPRS Service: Disconnected
    Network type: HSDPA

Preferred network type is set to "WCDMA preferred"

I just thought this information would help.

I'm currently running cyanogen mod 6.0.0-N1
    Build FRF91.
    Baseband version: 32.50.32H_5.12.00.08

Thank you..

have you checked your apn settings ?

Yes, apn settings are good. I also tried APN manager which has over a thousand APN configurations for networks all over the world. Still no luck, though. Do you think this might be a fault from the radio update? Or did I brick my phone?

Its pretty easy to brick a phone while playing with the radio. Thats why i will never touch mine. Ask danger-rat, he could be of help. This goes beyond my limited android knowledge.. best of luck

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Ok well did this appear right after you flashed the radio or right after you flashed cm7?

Stupid remark but did you check under settings -> wireless & networks -> mobile networks and make sure data enabled is checked. I know this is one of those things where most people go like duh but it happens that stuff glitches out of place.

Now here is the thing flashing a radio is the easiest way to brick your phone but the thing is that these things are incredibly hard to brick and pretty much if you can get it on and even just to the :nexusx: it's not bricked and you can get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok well did this appear right after you flashed the radio or right after you flashed cm7?

Stupid remark but did you check under settings -> wireless & networks -> mobile networks and make sure data enabled is checked. I know this is one of those things where most people go like duh but it happens that stuff glitches out of place.

Now here is the thing flashing a radio is the easiest way to brick your phone but the thing is that these things are incredibly hard to brick and pretty much if you can get it on and even just to the :nexusx: it's not bricked and you can get it to work.
    I flashed the radio first, rebooted, did wipe then I attempted to flash CM7.. The problem was, there was an error (status 7) while I was flashing CM7. So it did nothing and I was sent back to stock 2.3.4.. Then I noticed the 3g icon was gone. Data enabled is checked. Tried APN configuration and *#*#INFO#*#* but still no love. I am able to send and receive sms and make and receive calls; however, an android will never be so android without data connectivity..

Have you tried doing a passimg back to stock?
    At least that would tell you if it's hardware or software.
    I suspect it's just something messed up with the software...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Have you tried doing a passimg back to stock?
    At least that would tell you if it's hardware or software.
    I suspect it's just something messed up with the software...
    did you mean going back to ERD79? I did that but still no gprs/3g signal as i don't have a radio image? anyone of you guys know where to download radio images? I will try to flash an older version.

If you use FRG33, it will update your radio also. If that doesn't work, it may be your SIM, or provider (my wife's phone stopped working because our carrier switched some Android settings).

I doubt a bad radio flash would only mess up your 3G...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links