Nexus wont turn on...

This is a discussion on Nexus wont turn on... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Deel, you're still wanting a battery... or what?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus wont turn on...

Deel, you're still wanting a battery... or what?

Yeah its me,

my nexus one just died on me last friday, it won't turn on anymore. Prior to this, the power button was beginning to act faulty because I increasingly had to press the power button more than once, twice, thrice before it would turn on and stay on, but finally it just died and now it doesn't turn on no matter how much I fiddle with the power button.

On top of that, my screen cracked from top to bottom. I woke up one morning and the glass was cracked all the way.

I have t-mobile and the phone is under asurion insurance. I filed a claim with asurion and they told me that they don't have a nexus one replacement because they don't make the N1 anymore, so they offered me a Samsung Vibrant. My N1 wasn't a t-mobile phone so they can't even give me the Nexus S.

I get the Vibrant tomorrow and will have to mail asurion the bad N1.

What do they do with the defective non-working phones? Do they try to repair them? and then sell them again?

Unfortunately all contacts were not stored on the SD card so it looks like I'm SOL and will lose all my contacts & phone numbers.

I hope the Samsung Vibrant does me good.....the Nexus one I had was full of issues, so maybe it's time to move on to another phone.

Quote Originally Posted by electricblue73 View Post
    Unfortunately all contacts were not stored on the SD card so it looks like I'm SOL and will lose all my contacts & phone numbers.
    They should have been sync'd to your gmail account, and if so your fine. Is it past the OEM warranty?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

hi Vydor, thanks a lot for that tip! I checked my gmail and all my contacts were there wheeeeeeeeeeeew!

How long is the OEM warranty? I don't think I'm covered because I bought it on Ebay slightly used around this same time of last year.

Anyways, I will be getting a New Samsung Vibrant so I'll see how it goes.

I didn't want the Nexus S, and since the N1 is being made anymore.....I might as well stick to a comparable t-mobile phone that asurion would replace if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by electricblue73 View Post
    hi Vydor, thanks a lot for that tip! I checked my gmail and all my contacts were there wheeeeeeeeeeeew!

How long is the OEM warranty? I don't think I'm covered because I bought it on Ebay slightly used around this same time of last year.

Anyways, I will be getting a New Samsung Vibrant so I'll see how it goes.

I didn't want the Nexus S, and since the N1 is being made anymore.....I might as well stick to a comparable t-mobile phone that asurion would replace if needed.
    1 year, which most of the Nexus phones have likely passed at this point. My was up last week, 1 day after I made my claim actually. I do have Square Trade to cover me 1 more year.

The big problem with the Samsung Vibrant is that is not a Nexus phone, so that means bloatware + slow to get updates. This is the key reason I am holding out for a Nexus 3. :D
    Wave Secure + Lookout

The big problem with the Samsung Vibrant is that is not a Nexus phone, so that means bloatware + slow to get updates. This is the key reason I am holding out for a Nexus 3. :D
    I've actually read pretty good reviews on the vibrant. I like that it has a bigger screen. Most people complain about battery life but that's usually the case for any smart phone unless you get an extended battery or some type of external extended battery.

Slow updates doesn't bother me, as long as the phone has a removable battery and SD card swapping, and android OS, I'll be happy.

However, I will be keeping an eye out for the N3 when it comes around.....just not fond of the Nexus S, read too many unhappy reviews so I'm gonna pass.

Hopefully the Vibrant won't give me the headaches that the N1 did.

Electricblue.....

Even though you've decided to get rid of your nexus device....You MAY want to consider sending it in for repairs.

If the power button is what is giving you problems, I can have the device repaired for you In warranty, and there should be no cost.

BUT, if you send it in, and they find other issues..( Cracked screen, water damage..etc.. ) there is going to be a charge.
    So if your screen is damaged, it may be best to not send it in, or else you're looking at over a 100 bucks for that repair.

If I were you, I'd find someone local to fix your screen, then you might be able to send it in to us...or I'd sell it.

Yeahitsme,

I'm getting my Samsung Vibrant today so I think I'll stick with the Vibrant. I have to send my N1 back to Asurion anyway if I am keeping the Vibrant, per their insurance policy.

Although I can try to get the N1 screen and power button repaired, I'd rather have a working phone today that can do what the N1 can, than hunt around for local repair shops. I use the phone for my business so even though my new phone isn't a N1, it will still do what I need it to do which is what matters to me the most. But it's nice to know that you would be able to fix the power button issue just in case I happen to have another one with the same problem in the future.

Do you also do repairs on non-nexus phones?

Only on HTC devices...and yours would be Samsung.

I'm sorry we couldnt help you out sooner!

Okay... interesting tidbit, my N1 replacement is getting MUCH better battery life, even though I am using my old battery life. Like 25-40% more.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links