Nexus wont turn on...

This is a discussion on Nexus wont turn on... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hi YEAHITSME, i got my replacement battery yesterday, thanks so much! best customer service ive ever gotten from any company!...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus wont turn on...

hi YEAHITSME, i got my replacement battery yesterday, thanks so much! best customer service ive ever gotten from any company!

Yea, I have to say HTC has been great.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Thanks guys! We aim to please!!

HTC is great if your under warranty. If not? Then its not so great, IMO. My power button failed two months out of warranty. I have to send it in and hope they don't find other problems. I really can't even afford to have the issue fixed because nearly every cent I have is going to bills.

Not only that but they had all of my information wrong. I'd had my N1 sent to my girlfriends house because I didn't want to mess with ups and living in an apartment building. That and the fact that I spend four nights a week at her place. Anyway. My N1 was in her name even after I had it changed by a helpful associate at HTC. God knows if they actually changed it the second time.

I don't want something for nothing,just want my phone to power on in the conventional way without them saying they found something else wrong with it and then having to pay to get that fixed too. Even $55 is a lot of $$ for me right now.

Personally I think the power button issue should be a recall and fix. Its a design flaw.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Personally I think the power button issue should be a recall and fix. Its a design flaw.
    That's what I told the reps I spoke too. One of them chuckled.

They have no incentive to do it though. There's only, what? 200,000 N1's out there. So not really enough people to raise a stink about such a high profile phone. The bad press outweighs any good by a huge margin.

So unless we go on xda and band together raising a huge stink.... we're f'd.

One more thing. Think off all of the people like dude random21 that got it fixed for $55. They would have to/should get reimbursed.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    One more thing. Think off all of the people like dude random21 that got it fixed for $55. They would have to/should get reimbursed.
    Dude actually mine didn't die by power button it just died period. There was no more charging, no more booting (even with the battery pull trick) there was no more nothing it just died. And to fix it they just changed all the guts.

But ya your right all the people who's phones died by power button should be reimbursed or at least all the people from now on who's phones die should be fixed free of charge.

Guys,

While there ARE an aweful lot of people that are having power button issues.........If our corporate office doesnt say

" Hey, this is a known issue, we will be recalling / fixing for free. "

Then that pretty much puts us in a tough spot when you all are calling in. I'm sure dozens of phones are set up to be repaired for power button issues every day...But WE cannot acknowlege it as being a known issue, and we cannot do anything but what we are told to tell the customer.

I wish we could fix them all for free, because i'm sure it's pretty annoying. But what I do suggest, is at least calling us...and hear your options if you are having powert button issues.

Ya I understand that you're just doing your job but we are complaining that like you said the corporate office doesn't acknowledge this as a known issue I mean when it's to the point that people don't say "an issue with the power button" they just say "the power button issue" and people know what they are talking about there is a problem.

So you know we are not complaining to you and the other customer service agents you are all just following orders and that's cool, we are complaining the htc corporate office for not acknowledging this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links