Nexus wont turn on...

This is a discussion on Nexus wont turn on... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by VydorScope Originally Posted by Dude Random21 Now either way you will have to send it in to htc but if you want ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus wont turn on...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Now either way you will have to send it in to htc but if you want to know if it is really the power button plug in the charger and remove/replace the battery multiple times in a row but wait a few seconds in between each and the phone should turn on eventually.

Yea, I was able to get it turn on by wiggling the power button and then installed aynunlock so that I can use the volume rocker to wake phone. So that will hold me till I get the replacement on thrus or Friday. More importantly, it will let me factory reset the phone before sending it in.

Found a write up that explains why the power button fails, and well it will happen to everyone eventually it seems. Design flaw.
    Hey,could you please link me to that write up? I am really interested to know how it really does fail or what is causing the power button to die,will try some tweaks and see if I can save it some how.

One more thing,can anyone tell me the average time it takes for the power button to fail after the purchase,like 6 months,1 year or so? There is no correct information about the time it takes and not most are keen to answer except some "Hell yeah! My power button was failing and died,I hate HTC.."

Thanks for your help and time.

Thanks

Mine is around 18 months old, power button still works fine.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Mine is around 18 months old, power button still works fine.
    Nice,atleast one real relevant answer. I assume you use Anylock or somekind of other lock apps to wake your device using sound button or trackball If not let me know.

Thanks

The problem is peoples uses an other variables. Mine gave out at 14 months. Two months after a rooted and started using the power button more. Some peoples gave out after a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraile View Post
    Hey,could you please link me to that write up? I am really interested to know how it really does fail or what is causing the power button to die,will try some tweaks and see if I can save it some how.

One more thing,can anyone tell me the average time it takes for the power button to fail after the purchase,like 6 months,1 year or so? There is no correct information about the time it takes and not most are keen to answer except some "Hell yeah! My power button was failing and died,I hate HTC.."

Thanks for your help and time.

Thanks
    Lots of places out here, here was the first hit in Google...

Manage a Nexus One with Broken Power Button [Updated] AndroidGuys
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I see,so so far two results:
    WERA689: 18 months
    dudewithaplan: 14 months

So far average is 16 months(approx.)

I didn't understand the part that said:

Every time you wake your phone this cable flexes slightly..
    I don't see why this cable will flex when you use the toggle button that it's attached to. The flex cable will return to its original position(elasticity) after being flexed not stay in that flexed state & wear out so the breakage is a low probablity(I have opened my N1 and did some experiments to understand what might be the case after reading about the power button doom stories),in my opinion the power button cap might be responsible for the breakage as a bulky part of it sits on the protruding end of the cable from the toggle button board. I'll try some tweak to avoid any kind of forced flexing of the cable and see what happens,it won't take time because my N1 is already used by the previous owner for sometime now(he won't tell me how long) so if I can stabilize the situation I'll update the news.

Thanks
    P.S: These are my pure opinion and experience,and might be totally wrong,since am an engineer in training I have my own understanding. I use my knowledge to understand things and tweak 'em to see if expected results can be forced into existence.

Lol - I'm an Engineer for the nuke industry and I know what you mean. If someone tells me something, the first thing I try and do is figure out what's wrong with what they are telling me... xD

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Lol - I'm an Engineer for the nuke industry and I know what you mean. If someone tells me something, the first thing I try and do is figure out what's wrong with what they are telling me... xD
    Hey,good to know someone understood me instead of flaming. I often get "Hey you idiot,you think you are better than xyz company engineers? Go mow your own lawn and don't pretend..."

Okay,I did some little experiments and found that the moving part of the power button cap is likely the one that is causing all the havoc. So after a frustrating hour I managed to fix the left end of the power button cap while keeping the right end(sits on the toggle switch only) flexible,so from now on the part that touches the flex cable is totally immobile. Now its time to wait and see what happens,since the flex cable won't be touched or not that much the probablity of tearing is lessened. The problem now is that the button doesn't feel all that natural but very sensitive,I'll update if I notice any change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraile View Post
    I see,so so far two results:
    WERA689: 18 months
    dudewithaplan: 14 months

So far average is 16 months(approx.)
    Add me at 1 day shy of 12 months.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

There were some threads on this way back last summer and before. As I recall somebody had one give out early last year. Maybe as early as February or March. That would be <3 months.

As I said before. Determining an average may require using all three ways (mean,median,mode).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links