Replacement Phone here.. how to move?

This is a discussion on Replacement Phone here.. how to move? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by danger-rat I use SMS Backup+, but I've used others in the past. There's lots to choose from... I hate choices.... :rofl3: That's ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Phone here.. how to move?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I use SMS Backup+, but I've used others in the past. There's lots to choose from...
    I hate choices.... :rofl3:

That's why my N1 runs CM7 nightlies

Well dang. Turns out wave secure backs up sms, and it says there is 4423 of them on the server, so I just went with that... and now its failing to restore.

Phone arrived with 2.2.1 on it, but it got 2.3.4 right away, so that is okay.

BTW wasnt there a screen change midstream of some kind? I have some vague memory of that... if there was, how can I know which I have, and which is better? :D
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Screen changed from AMOLED to SLCD quite a while back. Type "dmesg" into your terminal emulator, and the AMOLED will show up as samsung_oled_panel a number of times. Can't remember what the SLCD shows up as...

Opinions vary on which is better, depending on if you like the pure blacks, vivid colors, daytime viewing, battery consumption etc...

Yea, its AMOLED then.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

had my phone swapped last tuesday, one thing thats different is that the SD card spring locks... on my old one i just pushed it in and thats it

Encase anyone is wondering I got mine replaced a little while back so they switched it to SLCD (not even sure what I had before) but now when I do dmesg it comes back as "AVS setting V" then there is a little more around it but it's different depending on the line so I don't think it's important for what we are trying to find.

Dude, when you type dmesg, you should get a lot of lines of text. Look for one that has "panel" in it...

Ok well it's cause your right it shows allot of lines but that is kind of the problem cause it's hard to look for a specific word in all those lines. You said that the samsung_oled_panel would show up a number of times but from what I can see the only thing that shows up a number of times is AVS setting V but I'll take another look.

Ok well I did actually find samsung_oled_panel multiple times although not always the same I got the following:

samsung _oled_panel_unblank: +()
    samsung _oled_panel_unblank: -()
    samsung _oled_panel_init: +()
    samsung _oled_panel_init: -()
    samsung _oled_panel_blank: -()
    samsung _oled_panel_blank: +()

Those are the only panels I found now note that I searched by hand so I might have missed some but the other thing is I did see some lcdc_(some other stuff after but can't remember what) but I noticed it like near the top of the list so I didn't really want to start over but if you want I can look for some other stuff but I'll copy everything into a note app then open it on my computer copy it into word and use the find option or I can even pm or email it to you if you want.

Looks like you have an AMOLED screen Dude!

SLCD shows up as sony_tft_panel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links