Replacement Phone here.. how to move?

This is a discussion on Replacement Phone here.. how to move? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So just got my replacement phone, and I realize that my contacts/etc will move over when I reconnect to my account... but what about the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Phone here.. how to move?

Replacement Phone here.. how to move?

So just got my replacement phone, and I realize that my contacts/etc will move over when I reconnect to my account... but what about the SD card? I have every app possible on it, should I just wipe it first? Or when it I re download from the market will they pick up settings ? Or something else?

Also what about text messages, are they just lost?

Thanks!
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure I understand if you have the apps on your SD card then just transfer the SD card that's it it's that simple. For the text messages search in the market for SMS backup and restore you will get many results almost any of them will do.

Well the apps are on the SD card, but always leave SOME data on the phones memory.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Oh sorry my bad thought you were rooted cause rooted users it all goes to the SD card. Well in that case then ya you will need to redownload all your apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Oh sorry my bad thought you were rooted cause rooted users it all goes to the SD card. Well in that case then ya you will need to redownload all your apps.
    It's not true that rooted users have ALL data going to SD. By default, apps install to the phones internal memory. You can move them after that or change the default.

VydorScope, you can use tools like SMS backup to save your text message to SD.

Depending on how you setup your phones privacy settings, you can have all of your apps and app data sent to Googles servers. If you have it set that way, it will be restored when you first set that account up on the new phone.

It will take a while and is best from WiFi (of course).

Yes I know that the data is installed on the phone by default but with the app2SD clients for rooted users it will move all the data to the SD card that is what I meant by rooted users have all the data on the SD card.

For your text messages, use an app that will sync them to your Gmail account...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    For your text messages, use an app that will sync them to your Gmail account...
    Like... ???

Theres plenty of the like SMS Backup + just do a search in the market for sms backup it will give you a bunch of results some backup to SD card some to Gmail.

I use SMS Backup+, but I've used others in the past. There's lots to choose from...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links