Incoming SMS Pics Won't Download

This is a discussion on Incoming SMS Pics Won't Download within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm not sure where to post this - but I searched and can't find solution... I have several txt msgs sent to me with pics ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incoming SMS Pics Won't Download

Incoming SMS Pics Won't Download

I'm not sure where to post this - but I searched and can't find solution...

I have several txt msgs sent to me with pics - and instead of displaying pic, there is a download button (never had this before)... I click download and get an error message saying "download of message was unsuccessful"

I've had it re-sent - rebooted and tried to download multiple times = nothing.

Any ideas of what is wrong?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

At 1st I was using the default sms app and this issue was coming back and back. When I started using handcent app, the issue was resolved. Don't know why though.

If you want to auto receive the image without having to press the "download" button, go into handcent app settings (under received message tab) and check the auto receive option.

I have been having this issue a few times recently. Both sending and receiving, it just won't happen and I can't figure out why. On sending, that circular thing (I use Handcent) just keeps going and going. I have had to email the pictures. On Receiving, that download button just keeps coming back.
    Re-booting, cache clearing have no affect.

Carrier related maybe ?

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Have you tried backing up your SMS (to Gmail, or whatever), and deleting data from the Messaging app?

I also have this problem. Unfortunately, I don't think this is a network issue but an android issue. It happens to me when I get bad coverage or when I receive multiple mms at once. When you have bad network connection, you SHOULD still be able to download it later on, but that's not always the case. I couldn't retrieve 3 out of 5 mms messages, and its very annoying. I actually opened a case at google about this:
    Issue 14512 - android - Not all MMS are received, creates a thread called Hidden Sender Address when MMS message download is unsuccessful - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting
    Please star it if you have the same issue!

I've actually had this very same issue with all three android devices I owned,although very annoying the easiest why I found was to get the sender to send to your email and download from there.

PS I did star and add a comment to your case at google,seems rather dumb that stone age phones such as the krazer and others can do this care free while the nexus and other continuously run into problems

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post
    I've actually had this very same issue with all three android devices I owned,although very annoying the easiest why I found was to get the sender to send to your email and download from there.

PS I did star and add a comment to your case at google,seems rather dumb that stone age phones such as the krazer and others can do this care free while the nexus and other continuously run into problems

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Thanks for adding your feedback to the case! I've tested all google phones (G1, N1 and NS) and they all have this issue. Hopefully google will fix it, we just have to get more people complaining about it. It is very annoying and I get teased by my family and friends who are iPhone users, because not only do I not get all their messages, sometimes I do get some but after a day or so. My old Nokia N91 doesnt have this issue lol.

Is there a link for the google? If so, I will chime in on the complaint thread.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Is there a link for the google? If so, I will chime in on the complaint thread.
    Issue 14512 - android - Not all MMS are received, creates a thread called Hidden Sender Address when MMS message download is unsuccessful - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Thanks! We need more people! ..... Like you, I've tried using 3rd-party messaging apps, but it doesn't work. I still get that error message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links