Nexus one and shooting in 720p

This is a discussion on Nexus one and shooting in 720p within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm sure most of you reading this know and or have seen videos on YouTube by now of Nexus one being able to shoot in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus one and shooting in 720p

Question Nexus one and shooting in 720p

I'm sure most of you reading this know and or have seen videos on YouTube by now of Nexus one being able to shoot in HD, more precisely in 720p.

Everytime i get an update i still stupidly look if they've integrated the feature, but sadly they never do, i don't know if its really not technically feasible from their end with a simple update or what.

SO i was wondering if there's some way to enable it on my nexus one, with out all the hacks n mods n smacks or whatever and all that techno wizardry, which if i do im quite certain ill live to regret it.

As you may have gathered im not exactly techno savvy, now whether there Is a safe way to do it or if there Is a point in waiting with weary eyes, please explain it to me in laymans terms.

Thank you for your time and help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok well at the end of my post I included a glossary for the terms I figure you may not know so if you don't understand just look it up in there.

Now before I get your hopes up no without root there is no way to get 720p.

I have this weird feeling that the reason that they don't enable this or the FM radio support is because when Google got htc to make the phone they put in parts that had some extra features that Google didn't specify and they were probably the cheapest so instead of putting in more expensive parts without the added features they just put in those. Now if this is the case why didn't Google just enable those features when they fond out? I think this might be htc who put a limitation on those things and asked for some extra cash if they wanted to be able to use them so by force Google left it out when the codded the kernel.

Now keep in mind that this is all my speculation so it may be all false or it may be somewhat true but this is what I think.

Glossary

Root: This is super user access, it is the inequivalent of jailbreak for an iphone. This means that all the system files (the operating system) are read and right not just read so you can modify them. Another term that means the same thing that you may know is hacked.

Kernel:This is the part of the software that is the communication between the hardware and the software.

If there is any thing else let me know and if you want to root it it's not that hard there are many tutorials I can point you in the right direction if you want.

Thank you for explaining it to me, Thank you even more for doing it in a way i can understand.

Thats a shame, without the radio in some sense to me the phone will always seem. . . incomplete. The sad part is i dont think google will take the radio issue seriously since theres all these online radio apps you can listen to. Thats something i never liked about google, they assume everyone has uninterrupted high speed internet, everywhere, which is never practical.
    And as for the camera, i suppose one can only continue to hope

But all the same i dont think ill root, with whatever little shortcomings it may have, me and my nexus one are quite happy rooting just seems unnecessary and maybe a lil bit greedy lol

Thanx again for all your help, and maybe if we all wish really hard and tap our heels together the next update, Icecream? will solve these issues

There may also be patent issues.

hey guys, I've heard the nexus one has also digital tv receiver hidden/disabled, and one day google will enable tv/fm radio in an update of the os...hope it happens soon no later

Damn, really? well..........lets hope

Only reason I knew my phone had radio capability was because I saw an option to turn it on or off. I was like, wth?!? Didn't know the N1 had a radio inside. I just wanted to close down any apps that I wasn't using (to save battery life) and the radio is definitely one thing I don't need on if I am not using it.

Our N1's have the Broadcom BCM4329 WiFi/FM transmit/receive chipset inside. If I had to guess, I'd say Broadcom probably offered the best chipset per dollar that Google could find. It was probably cheaper and easier to purchase a chipset that was already made and ready to go, rather than specify a new chipset that they'd have to manufacture and test.

Or, another scenario is that Google specified the FM on the chipset, with the intention of releasing it under the right circumstances, which they did with the Galaxy S. Google is still new to the cell phone scene, but they have their plans laid out. I'm sure there's a reason why they didn't give us a radio app (maybe problems with the antenna, is there an antenna inside)?

hi white lotus >>> there is no problem with the antenna because it has no built in fm radio antenna. all phones equipped with fm radio use the earpiece/headset as antenna, so that's not the problem

What ever the cause maybe i hope theyre listening to our requests

i hope google developers read our requests and about our issues with android os. google does not have even the option to contact them by email...do you guys think they know about all our problems with their products?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links