Nexus One stuck at X and unlocked bootloader lock screen

This is a discussion on Nexus One stuck at X and unlocked bootloader lock screen within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello This is my first attempt to unlock the bootloader, put recovery image, unroot and install custom ROM. Right now, i unlocked my bootloader and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One stuck at X and unlocked bootloader lock screen

Unhappy Nexus One stuck at X and unlocked bootloader lock screen

Hello
    This is my first attempt to unlock the bootloader, put recovery image, unroot and install custom ROM. Right now, i unlocked my bootloader and it worked fine. Then i was trying to unroot the phone when i saw the option to "clear the storage", thinking it will clear my data on the phone i clicked on it and then while rebooting the phone, the phone sticks on "X and unlocked bootloader symbol"...i searched around and found that i can put recovery image on my SD card and then go to recovery mode and then install it. Did not work. Tried putting CM7 image on SD card and while installing it says "Signature Verification Failed"
    It would be great if some one can assist me on this.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't think you can install recovery that way

Will assume you have unlocked bootloader thru command window with fastboot and have your sdk and tools folder setup

If so, read this and look at the 2.2.1 Amon_Ra instructions for unlocked bootloader. The 2.2.1 recovery image needs to be in the tools folders per the directions

Don't clear storage and if you get rooted with the recovery, do a nandroid immediately of your stock rom and again when you flash the first rom

By clearing storage, you may not have your stock rom working and may need to do a passimg flash--not sure

I am not that good at sdk stuff, but someone else will come along who is
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Did you mean to put a link in your post Ken? You said, "If so, read this and look at the 2.2.1 Amon_Ra instructions for unlocked bootloader." ...or were you just telling him to read the rest of your post?

I've learned so much reading these threads where Random, Rat and you help people out. I really appreciate it. You guys almost always find the fix!

Hey Nisarg187,

The same thing happened to my second Nexus one (which I only use as a test phone), and I managed to correct the issue. I take it when you go to recovery, the screen still gets stuck on the X as mine did. It's just a bad flash. Here's what you do.
    1- find FRG33 file Passion-FRG33.zip - Google, Nexus, One,, N1,, Passion,, FRG33
    2- when you download it, rename it passimg.zip but be careful, because if your computer hides the extentions, and if it does then just remame it passimg, otherwise it would read as passimg.zip.zip.
    3- put it on the base of your SD card (meaning not inside another folder)
    4- read and follow the rest of the instructions right here Prepare your Nexus One for Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) | Android Me!

Don't let the title of gingerbread fool you. Just do it, and your phone will be functional again. After that you can update, etc...

I did it yesterday. :nexusx:

Sorry guys,

Nexus One/Recovery Images - XDA-Developers

Also, if you get the sig verification failed--turn off sig verifition in recovery before flashing--but, I don't think you are that far along

Recovery is an .img file and needs flashed thru Terminal or Fastboot. With Terminal you need to be up and running--you're not yet.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yeayyyyy......
    Thanks a lot RUGMANKC and NINJA great replies....these replies helped me lot to understand and to get my phone up and running.
    I followed the way Ninja stated...as it looked more easier(whitout going to terminal)
    Finally my N1 is rooted and running CM7.
    Again thanks a lot for the help :D

Glad you got it

Don't shy away from Terminal, it is an easier alternative than Fastboot for most stuff. If you get into flashing, you will need it at some point.

Welcome aboard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thank You Rugmankc
    As it was the first time i was little bit uncomfortable using terminal for flashing.
    But sure i will keep your POINT in my mind and am pretty sure will get familiar with terminal fastboot, abd stuff soon.
    Do you suggest any better ROM or MOD or great application for NexusOne ???

I run Cyanogen nightlies/MIUI/RCADSmixHD-a sense GB rom

I find important stuff on all these is read OP pages carefully and the last 20 or so of thread

Some of these roms require a larger sdext and complete wipes including system

Nightlies: [NIGHTLY][ROM] [GRJ22] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Passion (HTC Nexus One) - xda-developers

MIUI: MIUI, Redefining Android – MIUI Android Developers

RCADS: [ROM] RCADSmixHD [2.3.3,SENSE 2.1/3.0,720p video,tb unlock] v1.4 : [29 MAY 11] - xda-developers

I prefer Amon_Ra 2.2.1 recovery and Quick Boot to boot into recovery

SDFormatter to format sd card

And Temasek's System Wipe if using Amon: [NIGHTLY][ROM] [GRJ22] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Passion (HTC Nexus One) - Page 1767 - xda-developers

Just some food for thought and research

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Kool....I will check it out... thanks a lot....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links