N1 Tethering and hotspot not working (AT&T)

This is a discussion on N1 Tethering and hotspot not working (AT&T) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Have a stock N1 not rooted running GB. My internet went down today and I tried to tether to get a couple emails done for ...

Thread: N1 Tethering and hotspot not working (AT&T)

N1 Tethering and hotspot not working (AT&T)

Have a stock N1 not rooted running GB. My internet went down today and I tried to tether to get a couple emails done for work. It would connect, but with no internet access. (Running W7).

Tried it on a 98 machine that I know worked before after installing the custom driver and that didn't work either. Tried a wifi hotspot, and it would connect, but not have any internet connectivity.

I haven't used tethering for a few months (probably pre-GB) and it and wifi hotspot worked.

Did Google somehow take this functionality away? Kinda stinks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nope still works fine you might want to check your security settings make sure they match between the phone and your machine.

Which security settings would those be?

I think I may have found it.. .I have a static IP for my PC. I think that may have been the problem. I'm pretty sure the laptop I used uses DHCP though. Who knows..

Static IP would almost definately be the problem...

I had that problem for a couple days, and could not figure out what was wrong, but then I rebooted the phone and everything started working again. There was no indication of any error, just did not work until the reboot of the phone. Still no idea why.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links