Are there signs of a dying phone/battery?

This is a discussion on Are there signs of a dying phone/battery? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello! Yesterday, something really weird happened with my phone: For no apparent reason, the phone lagged horribly. No exaggeration, I would press the power button ...

Thread: Are there signs of a dying phone/battery?

Are there signs of a dying phone/battery?

Hello!

Yesterday, something really weird happened with my phone:

For no apparent reason, the phone lagged horribly. No exaggeration, I would press the power button and the screen on animation was playing in slow motion. I tried to continue and everything I did was in slow motion on the screen.

I rebooted the phone, which solved the SUPER lag . Everything was fine after that. So I thought maybe it was a rogue app killing system resources.

Before I slept, the phone had 40% on it. Since it usually drains 1-2% overnight in airplane mode, I decided to charge it in the morning. But then my phone was completely drained and had no batter left in the morning. Didn't think it was an app thing at that point, cause I havne't changed much on my phone for ages.

Charging by the wall charger usually takes 2 hours from 0% to 100%, its been 2 hours on the wall charger and its only gone up to 40%. It still works, but this is bugging and worrying me a bit. Since it was taking so long to charge, I'm becoming worried it isn't a software thing anymore

Is my battery dying? Is it just a ROM thing (hasn't happened before though)? Or even worse is it the phone itself? Thanks
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like a dying battery. Unless the phone continues to do strange things, would look at replacing the battery. Interesting with the super slow mo. Never had that, but have experienced a frozen phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Sounds like a dying battery. Unless the phone continues to do strange things, would look at replacing the battery. Interesting with the super slow mo. Never had that, but have experienced a frozen phone.
    Thanks for your reply

Well, the phone is fully charged now, so I can see if it acts up again. I've never had to reboot a phone myself like this. Usually the app either force closes on me, or worse, it reboots the phone itself. Time to change ROMS :D

I sure hope nothings wrong with the phone :|

Thanks again!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Hmmmm. I haven't experienced another LAG, but it did die overnight again with 30% ish left when I slept.

As mentioned, there is no way it can die from 30% overnight with nothing running Oh deary me... Maybe I'm just gong to hold out till the end of the year and see if there's a Nexus 3 :D... And in the meantime, I'll go back to trusty MIUI

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links