A couple of questions about CM7

This is a discussion on A couple of questions about CM7 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I mostly use DT 2.7.5.2 (alt version). I flash CM7, then DT, then gapps. I have my own custom gapps, which I need to tweak, ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of questions about CM7

I mostly use DT 2.7.5.2 (alt version). I flash CM7, then DT, then gapps. I have my own custom gapps, which I need to tweak, because lately it won't let me install DT on top of it, which is why I flash DT first. It doesn't really seem to matter, but now I know the problem is there, it will slowly eat away at me... xD

I've tried a few other options, like the Market apps S2E and Link2sd. I've also tried changing the internal partition sizes on my phone to make use of the unused 90gb of /cache. DT is the one I trust the most...

can u link me to a thread that gives info on how to set it up. i had a partition on my card but i wiped my whole sd card before switching to cm7 sooo now i dont know wether i have that partition or not anymore. where do the froyo app2sd go?? does that use a partition? this is so confusing to me for some reason lol!!!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Partitioning will wipe your card, unfortunately.

FreeSpace is a good tool for looking at the partitions on your phone (and card), so you can check it with that...

I run a 1gb ext partition on a 16gb card, but I've never got close to using half that space. If you have a smaller card, you could probably get away with a 0.5gb partition. You don't need any swap space. The partition needs to at least ext3. Amon Ra defaults to ext2, and you have to upgrade the partition with Amon to ext3. CWM defaults to ext3...

Once you've done that, you just flash DT (backup first, just in case). You can install DT at any point, since it can be used to move apps to ext, as well as set the default install for new apps to ext. The best bit about DT is that you can also move dalvik to SD, which frees up about 80mb of your internal memory...

Once you've flashed the zip, you boot your phone, then activate the links. You do this by opening a terminal emulator, typing "su" to get super user access, the type either:
    a2sd install (sets the default location to ext)
    a2sd reinstall (to move existing apps to ext and set the default location)
    a2sd cachesdreset (same as above, but also moves the dalvik to sd)

There are a few other options to check the install, etc, but these are typically all you need.

ok cool sounds simple enough!!! i will check it out when i get some time and i will let u know if i encounter some issues! thx dude!

ok so this is what free space says...im assuming i dont have my old partition anymore.

also another thing, right now everytime i restart my phone the fb app setting for sync goes back to dont sync and i have to change it manually....any idea on that? kinda annoying!!

Agreed, it looks like you don't have an ext partition.

For FB, have you tried deleting data from the app and rebooting? That usually fixes data corruption issues...

Haha so I've been trying to find DT and no luck I saw this thread and was hoping one of you masters of the Droid could point me in the right direction

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

What do you mean you've been trying to find DT? Do you mean a download link? If so then here [Script][A2SD]Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [N1] (01/29/2011) - xda-developers if not then can you specify a little.

Ya I meant the link,all I kept finding was add ons I guess to dt, different ui's and junk,sorry for the confusion and thanks

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

No worrys and your very welcome although I'll just add in that there are a few versions there I personally only use the latest stable release e.i. 2.7.5.2 I don't use the beta 4.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links