A couple of questions about CM7

This is a discussion on A couple of questions about CM7 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ok so i did everything this is what free space says now its much better. a couple things tho, most gaps still say they are ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of questions about CM7

ok so i did everything this is what free space says now

its much better. a couple things tho, most gaps still say they are on the phone and when u go to move them to sd card it still wont let u. also some widgets still wont work unless the program is stored on the phone, i thought DT was supposed to bypass that?
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

It does it's because to use darktremor you need to have the apps installed on internal because the phone thinks that the EXT partition is actually the internal storage if you move them to the SD card it takes them from the EXT partition and puts them in the .android_secure folder on the SD card.

ook so did i do something wrong? i backed up my sd card, partitioned the sd card(which wiped it), put all the stuff back on the sd card, then ran the dt commands to move all apps from internal to the partition. is the option under settings, applications, manage applications, where u can move them around useless now?

More or less yes because the command "a2sd reinstall" makes it so that the phone installs all apps on internal to the ext partition and when you use the app2sd on the phone in manage applications it will just move the apps to the SD card (fat32 partition) instead of the ext partition which is pretty useless because the apps run better on the ext then the fat32.

So the simple answer to your question would be yes but I wanted to elaborate a little more hope you understand

so should i go in that option, move all apps back on phone, and then run the dt command again?

Well in theory if you ran the reinstall command all the apps that go to internal will go to ext but yes you should move all the apps on the SD card to the internal. If you want to check if they're on the ext partition then go into a root explorer (like estrong with root explorer enabled or plain old root explorer but that is paid) and go to /sd-ext/app and look to see if all your apps are there.

ok it says all the gaps are on the sd-ext even tho under options and app management it says they are on internal. some other ones are there as well. the interesting thing is that i ran a2sd install which should have made all newly installed apps go to the sd-ext and i just downloaded root explorer and that is not showing up in the aps folder under sd-ext :confused:

Try running "a2sd reinstall" again and see what happens.

Sd-ext is now effectively internal, or at least that's what your phone thinks...

Check that your phone settings are to install to internal, also. CM has the ability to set the default install location...

Question any reason why my partition would disappear? Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1308163628151.png
Views: 46
Size:  76.0 KB
    As you can see its not there,I have a 8gig SD card my partition is 2gig but I don't understand what happiness,I did show it,I flash cm7 and had to reinstall free space and now its gone,my SD says 5+gigs of space but the partion is not showing up

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links