tmibile tether block?

This is a discussion on tmibile tether block? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I have a N1 stock with the latest update. Tonight I was browsing the internet from the USB tether option. After a lil bit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tmibile tether block?

tmibile tether block?

So I have a N1 stock with the latest update. Tonight I was browsing the internet from the USB tether option. After a lil bit of time every website I tried to go to was a Tmobile site talking about add tethering for 15$ or something like that. Never had this problem before. Been with Tmobile 5+ years and have the original true unlimited data plan. Any1 know anything?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I heard they wanna force people to take tethering in a selected plan

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Anyone else?

Can you use your PC's WIFI to connect to your phone instead? I use the hotspot option on my phone all the time to connect other devices and don't run into this.

connecting to hotspots with your phone isnt the same as tethering with it. Tether is turning your phone into a hotspot.

I use my phone as a hit spot with no trouble
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I had tethering blocked as well. The hotspots works for other mobile devices. Haven't tried it with a laptop or PC. Too scared to lose free hotspots as well.

T-Mobile has turned me against them. I will be switching to virgin when my contract us up.

It hasn't started happening to everyone, but slowly but surely, ppl who are tethering without the 14.99 feature are sent a warning message telling them to add it, and if they continue w/o it, they will be blocked..... I'm disappointed about this too, since I use my mobile hotspot constantly..... My wii and laptop are always connected....

I'm sorry, Simplexityy, but with that kind of data usage, you're why this is happening! If you weren't eating up bandwidth like that, they'd have no reason to stifle anyone's access! Knock it off, willya?

Ummm.... Exaggerate much? I'm pretty sure I'm not the reason. I work in CC for T-Mo, and I talk to people daily who still aren't the reason.... PPL who use like 50GB/month. My GB usage isn't even in the teens. . I use my hotspot like most other ppl who don't have another source for Internet. The companies have found a money making opportunity and are making use of it. I along with many others have been tethering for years... Way before android. It just happens to be that now it's more popular and beneficial for them to charge. Once upon a time unlimited texting was only 2.99..... Then, It got popular.... went up to 14.99 now back down to $10. Same for Internet. Remember 4.99 t-zones? Or 9.99 total Internet? Then came the smartphones with better, faster access and now look 5gb is $30 bucks. 10GB is 60 bucks... And that's the max plan for a phone or webconnect device! Yeah, we. Know it costs money to make things faster and more efficient, so prices get raised but at the end of the day, I use my hotspot for what is was built for and what unlimited Internet used to be a part of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links