[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

This is a discussion on [Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device . Today, we have more rumors that shed more light ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

dgstorm

[Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device. Today, we have more rumors that shed more light on the enigmatic device. The first thing is that the device will most likely be made by Samsung, and will be Google's Flagship device. Additionally, the phone may be dubbed, the "Nexus Prime", and will come with a "Super AMOLED HD", and the previously mentioned Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0. Furthermore, the story from BGR confirms their own earlier report that the device will come with the TI OMAP4460 processor.

Interestingly, the new details come with an additional angle to the story. That is that this next Google Nexus successor may come at the head of a big marketing push of exclusive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich halo devices, all launching around the same time from multiple carriers. It would appear that Google may be preparing for an all-out war with Apple, and may use this as a counter-attack to the release of the iPhone 5 in the Fall. A massive release of Ice Cream Sandwich exclusive devices across multiple carriers could be a powerful punch to Google's nemesis.

Source: Android.net via SlashGear and BGR

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If the next nexus is from samsung i will def. not buy it.

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Samsung= dollarstore quality phones

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

same for me dont need a %&$* box lol...htc r nothing.

p.s:if that apens google is douing a big mastake

use to ave a milestone xt720 but got converted to nexus one....YA MAN :nexusx:

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I have no quarrels with Samsung anymore other than the crap plastic they still like to use to sacrifice for weight. But I have the Infuse and I'm glad I bought it and don't regret it one bit. I will definitely look into this as a possible phone if I don't go the 3D route with HTC Holiday.
    Androidfied.

Meh I've had nothing but bad luck with Samsung devices,I held off on the nexus s because of Samsung,but if the next nexus is a Samsung I'm gonna have to bite the bullet I guess

And I agree with you. It took a VERY long time to trust samsung products. The best thing that can come out is that they are only making the phone but don't control the UI since it's a Google phone. So updates won't be held up on Samsung's side. They really have come a long way since the galaxy s series.
    Androidfied.

Having played with the older galaxy S (mum's) and the Nexus S (in stores), the only thing I dislike about the Samsung phones is the plastic.

I haven't played with the Galaxy S2, sure the plastics are less glossy, but for a flagship Nexus phone, please make it with more premium materials.

Samsung did it with the Wave and Omnia 7, its possible!! Besides that, I like what I'm seeing, though I was expecting a more "orthodox" naming scheme. Like a number or letter.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Well here's hoping because I put of the s Im not putting of this one,so let's hope they make a high quality durable product

Yeah i've gotten passed the cheap feel. Still don't like it but having a case on my phone eases the annoyance.
    Androidfied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links