Pop3 email doesn't work

This is a discussion on Pop3 email doesn't work within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have an 2.3.4 version of android, and for some strange reason I am not getting my emails from other two pop3 accounts I've set ...

Thread: Pop3 email doesn't work

Pop3 email doesn't work

I have an 2.3.4 version of android, and for some strange reason I am not getting my emails from other two pop3 accounts I've set up via native mail app. The mails are coming on a regular basis on gmail, but not from native mail. After playing with various settings for a while, I;ve noticed that the app crashes from time to time, and after reboot it downloads the messages. But just that one time.

After talking witha a friend who also has a nexus and that same build, we found out that I even don't have push capabilities in that native app?!?!?

What to do, should I downgrade to froyo and then wait for official OTA update or any other ideas? Because I really need the other two mail acc syncing

Thnx,
    A

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I tried the default email app for my work emails, it was not 100% reliable. I then tried K-9, which worked great for receiving emails but it was a 50/50 chance of ever sending an email.
    I gave up on both and set up a new gmail account to handle my work emails. Gmail has a setting "Send mail as" which makes all the emails sent on my work account come from my work email account. It works great.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links