A sad, sad, day!

This is a discussion on A sad, sad, day! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Last April I left my beloved N1 in a pants pocket and ran it through our high efficiency washer. I was bummed. I tried drying ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A sad, sad, day!

Last April I left my beloved N1 in a pants pocket and ran it through our high efficiency washer. I was bummed. I tried drying it out with rice and even leaving it on top of a hot radiator to see if that would help, but the phone was not stable.

The phone would work for a short while most of the time, then lock up and not respond to anything even after a battery pull... no power at all. After a day or so if I put the battery back in it would power up again, only to lock up again before too long. I was never able to get the phone to run long enough to shut down correctly, then power back up again without a long battery pull.

I gave up. I threw the Nexus in a desk drawer and bought a new G2x.

Th G2x was kind of a mistake, but that's a different story...

Last Saturday I spilled some coffee into the desk drawer where the N1 was sitting. I pulled everything out to wipe it down and on a lark put the battery back in the phone and powered it up. It worked, as usual, but after I powered off it powered right back up again!

I put the new SIM I got with the G2x in the Nexus and powered on again, a T-Mo signal and an OTA update notification were the happy result. I did a factory reset and set up the stock, un-rooted 2.3.4 the way I like it. I've been using it trouble free for a few days now.

Time will tell, but it sure feels like it's working just fine. the speaker and mike work fine , the screen is bright and clear, and everything else seem OK.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So just for giggles I put the battery back into my N1 a couple nights agoand it fired right up...I couldn't believe it. There is a big bugger under thescreen so I am still going to use my buddies N1 as my primary phone but I thinkI will root the other just to see what all the hype is about.

So my next project is to start researching rooting.

It's been a couple of weeks now, my once washed out N1 is still working perfectly. No issues or consequences at all that I can find, apart from the changed moisture indicator.

My G2x is still near worthless however.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links