Chances of Nexus One Getting Ice Cream Sandwich?

This is a discussion on Chances of Nexus One Getting Ice Cream Sandwich? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by DaveC Originally Posted by Beer Goggles Originally Posted by Dude Random21 Seriously I'm going to say we'll probably be the 3rd phone ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chances of Nexus One Getting Ice Cream Sandwich?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Seriously I'm going to say we'll probably be the 3rd phone to get it cause the carriers are usually a little slow :/ anyway it will probably depend on what features it brings in but since this is supposed to reduce fragmentation a little it would be stupid to not bring it to all the 2.3 and 2.2 phones.
    N1 users don't get their OS updates from the carrier. We didn't get the phone from the carrier either.
    Not 100% true. Here in the UK and in some places in Europe the Nexus 1 is sold through Vodafone who do control the updates
    My bad, I forgot about EU.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

N1 users don't get their OS updates from the carrier. We didn't get the phone from the carrier either.
    Not 100% true. Here in the UK and in some places in Europe the Nexus 1 is sold through Vodafone who do control the updates
    My bad, I forgot about EU.
    Although the people still waiting on vodafones ROM are still on 2.2 so I doubt they will be getting ice cream sandwich.

I think us I'm north America would get it,of course the ns will get it and the nexus will probly ship with it(or be updated right away), but our N1's even though there over a year and some since they arrived are still high end development phones,to faze out the n1 I think would be horrible, but then again what happens to the millions of people running 2.1or 2.2 still,do they get left behind?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I would assume that they would get left behind.
    I have a friend who has one of the original droid phones.
    motorola JUST (like in the last 3 or 4 months or something) updated the droid 2.2 (I am pretty sure the update came from motorola).

With a snails pace like that, I would assume many phones will get left behind.

But perhaps, with the news that came out of googleIO 2011 with regards to the OEM, carriers, and google working together to try and prevent this from happening. Hopefully this will carry forward and they will stick to their word
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I doubt the N1 will get it... Probably more due to hardware limitation (just a though)

But if you've skipped the NS, the Nexus 3 (or prime or whatever its called) will be the next obvious upgrade anyways

I think the only way we will get it is XDA. But even then, the development for N1 seems to have slowed down quite a bit, many people have just got newer phones... and stop developing for the N1
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I really can't see the N1 going from being the second phone to get Gingerbread to all of a sudden not getting any updates - just sayin'

Also, if you Google "xda" you will get eight sub links under the first search result, and the N1 is always in those eight sub links - just sayin'

Rock on N1 xD

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I really can't see the N1 going from being the second phone to get Gingerbread to all of a sudden not getting any updates - just sayin'

Also, if you Google "xda" you will get eight sub links under the first search result, and the N1 is always in those eight sub links - just sayin'

Rock on N1 xD
    Well, I guess you're right, its a bit harsh to just cut us off hehe... Maybe Google will make good optimised version for all the current Nexus phones :D

I'm just excited to get a glimpse of what ICS will look like :D... Even a bit. Like that gingerbread screen off animation
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I just want it on my Google TV, so I can finally get some Market access!

I wish google could find a way to have android not only upgrade the os, but the hardware as well... Over the air
    Giving our nexus one new life... A man can dream haha... That would be sick though..

Either way, whether we see the update or not, the nexus one has been great phone for me and definitely doesn't owe me anything.
    I'm anxious to to see what ICS will look like!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post

Rock on N1 xD
    In addition. I'm not sure the hardware will be a limitation as others have mentions it might. The 1Ghz Snapdragon can handle Honeycomb, and ICS is a mix of Honeycomb and Gingerbread. The only hardware limitation I can see might be the lack of memory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links