Chances of Nexus One Getting Ice Cream Sandwich?

This is a discussion on Chances of Nexus One Getting Ice Cream Sandwich? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was curious what you guys thought.. Do you think they'll bring Ice Cream Sandwich to the Nexus One eventually? Might be to early to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chances of Nexus One Getting Ice Cream Sandwich?

Chances of Nexus One Getting Ice Cream Sandwich?

I was curious what you guys thought..
    Do you think they'll bring Ice Cream Sandwich to the Nexus One eventually?

Might be to early to speculate?
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Personaly, I highly doubt it.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. The N1 is still one of the higher end handsets out there, so Google would be leaving a lot of other phones behind too - which doesn't make a lot of sense...

Seriously I'm going to say we'll probably be the 3rd phone to get it cause the carriers are usually a little slow :/ anyway it will probably depend on what features it brings in but since this is supposed to reduce fragmentation a little it would be stupid to not bring it to all the 2.3 and 2.2 phones.

Being the optimist I am, I'm going to say it's better than 50/50. Not saying by how much though

I'm still 50/50 on this.
    I definitely would love to see it come to the nexus one, as long there weren't any performance sacrifices.
    I'm curious to see though what google does.
    Do you think there is any chance the hardware won't support ICS?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I'm thinking that if the N1 doesn't get ICS, it'll be because of some sort of hardware limitation. Barring that, I think we'll get it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Seriously I'm going to say we'll probably be the 3rd phone to get it cause the carriers are usually a little slow :/ anyway it will probably depend on what features it brings in but since this is supposed to reduce fragmentation a little it would be stupid to not bring it to all the 2.3 and 2.2 phones.
    N1 users don't get their OS updates from the carrier. We didn't get the phone from the carrier either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    N1 users don't get their OS updates from the carrier. We didn't get the phone from the carrier either.
    Not 100% true. Here in the UK and in some places in Europe the Nexus 1 is sold through Vodafone who do control the updates

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    I know that that is why I said that I was talking for the other phones (with custom ui) because they are slow google will have time to update all 3 of it's phones before any other phone gets one. Although thanks for mentioning it my formulation was not the greatest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links