Rooting Nexus One 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Quick question about unlock bootloader

This is a discussion on Rooting Nexus One 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Quick question about unlock bootloader within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; when people have guides and steps to unlock bootloader before rooting it, are they talking about unlocking the phone in general so it can be ...

Thread: Rooting Nexus One 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Quick question about unlock bootloader

Rooting Nexus One 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Quick question about unlock bootloader

when people have guides and steps to unlock bootloader before rooting it, are they talking about unlocking the phone in general so it can be used for other carriers?

I bought my Nexus one unlocked through Amazon.com.

Since I bought it unlocked, I can avoid unlocking bootloader right? I can just go right into rooting this phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by flyalexair View Post
    when people have guides and steps to unlock bootloader before rooting it, are they talking about unlocking the phone in general so it can be used for other carriers?

I bought my Nexus one unlocked through Amazon.com.

Since I bought it unlocked, I can avoid unlocking bootloader right? I can just go right into rooting this phone.
    No, that's not what it means.

No Nexus One was ever carrier locked. Though there are two different versions (one that used T-Mobile's frequencies and one that uses AT&T's). They can also be use on other carriers that use the same frequencies.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links