Going overseas, quick question?

This is a discussion on Going overseas, quick question? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; sorry if this has been covered already...im going overseas(Bulgaria to be specific) i have a nexus one that im using on T-Mobile. Since its not ...

Thread: Going overseas, quick question?

Going overseas, quick question?

sorry if this has been covered already...im going overseas(Bulgaria to be specific) i have a nexus one that im using on T-Mobile. Since its not a branded phone do i still need to do a sim unlock so i can use it in Bulgaria, with a Bulgarian carrier, or should i be good to go?
    Thanks for the help!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Shouldn't be a problem, since it's already SIM unlocked.
    Used mine in Europe last year.
    Just make sure you get a compatible carrier frequency, our you will not get 3G access (only 2G).

hmm thats interesting...i actually spoke to tmobile earlier and they processed a sim unlock code for it...said it can take up to a week for the code to be emailed to me.

Lol!
    The Nexus One isn't officially supported by T-Mo, and so their support staff haven't got a clue about it. Trust me bro, you don't need to SIM unlock it... xD

haha ok thats good to know...i wont have to wait without a phone for the first few days. its just weird cuz i called htc and they told me that tmobile has to do it and then tmobile was actually able to submit a request for the phone...i thought it was already unlocked as well...

Test it with a SIM from a friend - I'm pretty confident.
    I've has T-Mo unlock phones for me before in the past, but last time we went to Europe I only unlocked my wife's phone. My N1 worked great over there!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    as long as you dnt buy the phone on contract, you can switch sim's to your hearts content

You do need to be aware about roaming and data rate charges overseas. Make sure you talk to your carrier BEFORE you go over, you don't want to recieve a $10,000 phone bill.
    Nexus One- 2.3.6 GingerBread GRK39F- w/ Lexar 32gb CL.10

He's talking about using a SIM from a carrier in the country he's visiting. There's no point talking to his current carrier...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links