MIUI vs. CM7

This is a discussion on MIUI vs. CM7 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Stability vs. Easier customization. I am a CM fanatic(Donator) until the buggy,laggy nightlies shifted me to the far more stable & silky smooth running MIUI ...

Thread: MIUI vs. CM7

Exclamation MIUI vs. CM7

Stability vs. Easier customization. I am a CM fanatic(Donator) until the buggy,laggy nightlies shifted me to the far more stable & silky smooth running MIUI but w/ MIUI I've lost simple customization & its now a headache to rip apart framework.res' & edit .png's to theme my Nexus One out properly.Looking forward to CM getting their ish together so I can go back to Cyanogenmod.And before anyone tries to flame me Im aware that nightles are "Experimental" but the the CM stables still lag.:nexusx:

ROM:MIUI Latest
    Kernel: Tiamat 4.0.5
    SD:16GB Class 6

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wholeheartedly agree. I was a CM fanatic, moved to MIUI and then back to CM because I found MIUI a pain to customize the way I wanted. Plus I missed certain CM features like Profiles and Quiet time. Yeah, yeah, there's an app for that but my N1 is kind of maxed out on the app front and I have to pick and choose my battles. Plus MIUI was waay to fat and sucked up a lot of space on my N1.

8 times
    isent the point of nightlies to give you a taste of things to come? they do say its far from finished and no way stable. just pick a RC or a stable version if you dont want any bugs.

I haven't used CM7 for a while... but I found MIUI to be a much more polished and consistent. In fact, I've had it on my N1 for many versions!

The current MIUI allows you to have custom lockscreens, and the community is large enough to keep me happy. There are some nice themes etc... but the amount is not comparable to CM7.

BUT! I have found it hard to get a look I like on CM7, its much easier to find things that fit well together on MIUI.

In general:
    Miui is prettier, consistent and when a feature is used, its got a good amount of polish.

CM7 has a larger support base (from what I've found) and it seems to be more compatible with alot more apps and dev.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I started with CM6 a year or so ago, moved to Rod's MIUI then stock MIUI. Every so often I try a new CM release but always go back to MIUI. I think it looks and runs better but besides using themes, I've never tried to modify anything so perhaps it's more difficult... dunno. I love MIUI though!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links