Balance deducing when GPRS is ON

This is a discussion on Balance deducing when GPRS is ON within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Dear Nexuses, I got a small problem. I am using HTC Nexus One with Android 2.3.4 with Vodafone in India. I connect GPRS with Vodafone ...

Thread: Balance deducing when GPRS is ON

Balance deducing when GPRS is ON

Dear Nexuses,

I got a small problem. I am using HTC Nexus One with Android 2.3.4 with Vodafone in India. I connect GPRS with Vodafone Connect in APN settings. When ever I make GPRS ON, without any usage of internet services, balance (money) got reduces like for 2 min usage, 20 Rupees (Indian Currency) is deducted from my account. I don't know what it was using. I disable the Google and Facebook accounts SYNC OFF, "Only 2G" and "Data Roaming" in Mobile network settings. Please help me.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This could be tough to track.

My suggestion is get an application like 3G watchdog (paid version is required for our purposes) or phoneusage (free version is fine). These two applications have the ability to actually show you what apps are doing what in terms of consuming data. I personally like 3G watchdog more then phoneusage, but for this functionality you need to pay for it. It is worth the money though if you like keeping track of what is using your data.

Anyway, using this you can determine what app is chewing through your bandwidth. Are you rooted? If you are, you can get an application like droidwall to help block applications from using data that don't necessarily need it. For instance, I have it set to stop angry birds from accessing data both on wifi and 3g. I now don't have any ads when playing this game.

Another thing you can do is to check what services are running on the phone. There may be an app that is running that you are not aware of that has some type of update service. Beautiful Widgets for instance runs and updates the weather.

You really have to look at all the apps you have and determine what could be using data.

Sorry if this is sort of all over the place
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    This could be tough to track.

My suggestion is get an application like 3G watchdog (paid version is required for our purposes) or phoneusage (free version is fine). These two applications have the ability to actually show you what apps are doing what in terms of consuming data. I personally like 3G watchdog more then phoneusage, but for this functionality you need to pay for it. It is worth the money though if you like keeping track of what is using your data.

Anyway, using this you can determine what app is chewing through your bandwidth. Are you rooted? If you are, you can get an application like droidwall to help block applications from using data that don't necessarily need it. For instance, I have it set to stop angry birds from accessing data both on wifi and 3g. I now don't have any ads when playing this game.

Another thing you can do is to check what services are running on the phone. There may be an app that is running that you are not aware of that has some type of update service. Beautiful Widgets for instance runs and updates the weather.

You really have to look at all the apps you have and determine what could be using data.

Sorry if this is sort of all over the place

I am agree with your suggestion.well said

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links