And the war heats up

This is a discussion on And the war heats up within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...apple_patents/ This could be the beginning of something very bad Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk...

Thread: And the war heats up

And the war heats up

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...apple_patents/

This could be the beginning of something very bad

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is nothing. 2 patents from the '90's were the only ones that went in apple's favor. This is just another reason for fanboys on both sides to get all uppity with each other.

Wow that really sucks. This whole patent thing is really starting to get on my nerves I really hate all this legal crap. Like they said at the end of the article, it limits competition, slows innovation and hurts the economy. All things that are bad for the customer!!! :mad:

I wonder if/when windows 7 gets named in one of these. I think apple us shooting themselves in the foot with all of this. Android isn't going anywhere and is outselling apple, so they will eventually lose.

Worse case Apple will get paid off--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ya may be just acouple patients but it affects more than you think,

http://m.gizmodo.com/5821971/every-a...t-infringement

this is just the tip of the iceberg...

There are like 10+ other cases going on at the moment between all the big phone companies (microsoft, motorola, samsung, apple, etc...)

Some people have speculated that this could be the downfall of Android. Not necessarily because google will stop supporting it, but because their hardware providers will give up and yield under the pressure from the morons over at Apple.

Apple is slowly digging themselves a grave I think. If they were to manage to kill android, do they honestly think the android community is going to pick up an iPhone, or an iPad, or an iCrap... I for one will not be jumping on the band wagon.

It's sad that these companies are doing this. Supposedly though all this attention they are getting has caught the attention of the people in charge of these patent laws. Apparently they might try and stop big companies from using them to crush the competitions.

With Microsoft, Apple's and RIM's (plus a few others) acquisition of the 6000 patents from Nortel it turned a lot of heads. It is possible (not sure if it has gone through yet though) that the government may put a stop to this deal solely to prevent these companies from using these patents to bully the competition.

Anyway, that sucks that they ruled against HTC. I am hating Apple more and more each day.

Some interesting articles:
    DailyTech - Can Microsoft and Apple Kill Google's Android with Lawsuits?
    Google, Apple, Oracle, Others Locked in Android Patent Suit Showdown - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Ya won't going to apple at all!!
    I don't get it though apple&Microsoft? That's like McDonald's and burger king teaming up to down kfc.
    Apple is one device,well 2 with one OS,while android cover many of different phones and tablets,and these decisions affect many manufacturers and companies, I truly believe its only because of there partnership with (power hungery,#$%&faced,corporate) microsoft that these suits are going anywhere.

But lets face it open sourced programing on such a large scale threatens everything these idiots work for.
    They not concerned with public intentions in anyway, its not what's best or even what people want.
    Its about money,power,and control.

Anyone in Canada old enough will remember when the only way you could get a phone was with bell,or the computers we use were all Microsoft.

I find it funny that Microsoft was the dominant force for computers untilled the late 90's and Mac exploded huge,then all of a sudden,
    Apple and Microsoft are trying to destroy android.

I don't think android will go anywhere though,its more then an operating system,its become a community of decent dedicated people.

Well apple started suing people before they ever teamed up with Microsoft.

It's pretty strange though when you have Apple, Microsoft, and RIM + a few others team up together to buy a patent portfolio. Microsoft and Apple have been mortal enemies for years. They must see Android/Google as a huge threat if it was enough to bring the two of them together.

Regardless of what happens. The only ones who are going to truly pay the price for all this legal shenanigans are the consumers. Because if Apple and Microsoft get what they want, the mobile device world could look pretty grim.

Does anyone know if the government has authorized "Rockstar Bidco" (the alliance between microsoft, apple, and RIM) to purchase the Nortal patent portfolio yet? Like has it been made official?
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links