How do I remove an update?

This is a discussion on How do I remove an update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, I just got an update notification for the OS. I'm now using 2.3.4, Build GRJ22. I don't like it. The icons at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I remove an update?

Thumbs up How do I remove an update?

Hi All,

I just got an update notification for the OS. I'm now using 2.3.4, Build GRJ22.

I don't like it. The icons at the top, the phone icon and the land parts of the globe are colored green. When typing a message the words are orange on black ! and the keyboard looks pants. It really has to be seen to be belived.

I'd like my old phone back. Does anyone know how to remove the update?

Thank you.
    James.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You will need to passimg although this will wipe your phone clean so backup what you can. Check out this post for instructions on how to passimg. http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568

I still find it humorous that with all of the bug fixes and feature enhancements in the newer releases, some people only care about colors.

I don't mind that they want to fix bug's and progress there OS. It's just a shame that they chose to play with other things also.

Actually it's cause you can't please everybody cause most of us like the new look I'm one of them, I think beer is as well?? It's cause different people like different things so they need to try things if it works it works if it doesn't it doesn't and they try something else. What gives everybody choice is the different phones with carrier modded ROMs and root access to flash custom ui's so you can have anything you like that is the beauty of android, choice.

I could live with either color scheme (though it would be nice if they would allow customization), but I would definitely consider the color scheme to be a very minor issue compared all that the upgrades offer.

Also, just a piece of advice for the future, check online for information regarding the changes BEFORE you install them. It's SO much easier that way.

For me, rooting and using cyanogenmod was the only way to go (and I was, like some, hesitant at first also).

Question

With this update, it has removed predictive text, how would you get this back or is it something that comes with this new update and you cannot change?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akax_lx View Post
    With this update, it has removed predictive text, how would you get this back or is it something that comes with this new update and you cannot change?

Thanks
    I don't know of any update that removed predictive text. I'm using CM 7.1 RC1 and it has predictive text.

Thanks
    Try this:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tml#post102728

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post

Thanks
    Try this:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tml#post102728
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I just tried this however my phone only comes up with 'Android keyboard' when selecting 'Input method' and it still has not worked this is very frustrating, I have had nothing but silly little problems with this phone o.O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links