Nexus One on AT&T Data Plan issue

This is a discussion on Nexus One on AT&T Data Plan issue within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, I feel really embarrassed asking for help on this but I could really use some information on this... I was recently gifted a nexus ...

Thread: Nexus One on AT&T Data Plan issue

Nexus One on AT&T Data Plan issue

Ok, I feel really embarrassed asking for help on this but I could really use some information on this...

I was recently gifted a nexus one as a present for my first smartphone. I was told AT&T couldn't know if I had a Nexus One, which is why it was fine to use it without having my rates raised, however last night I got a message from AT&T saying they discovered I have a smartphone now and will be changing my data plan accordingly.

I really can't afford to pay more for my phone than I already do, so I'm really hoping for some information on how to keep them from knowing I own a smartphone, or if I have to return the phone? (which would really suck...)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

They know and they can always know. I think that you have an ethics problem if you think that you want to "sneak" onto someones network and get a product that you don't want to pay for.

Thanks for the information, it looks like I'll have to give the phone back, since I don't have the money in my budget to pay for their smartphone plan... I guess my friend was wrong about them not raising the rates if I switched phones. Oh well, thanks anyway.

When the Nexus One first came out they couldn't tell what it was and didn't charge for the smartphone plan. I know, because that's what I did for a while. But then they half way figured out what the phone was and started charging for the smartphone plan. They make it too difficult to get away with stuff like that now days...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links