installing fresh sd card

This is a discussion on installing fresh sd card within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all, I've realized my sd card is full of (crap)? I've deleted all unnessary apps pics no movies etc but it still shows ive ...

Thread: installing fresh sd card

installing fresh sd card

Hello all,
    I've realized my sd card is full of (crap)? I've deleted all unnessary apps pics no movies etc but it still shows ive got about 600 mb out of 3.69 gb. i have done some backups from upgrading roms.anyways my question is can i just pop a fresh sd card in there and start over? i read on another post that someone was doing something similar and couldnt turn thier phone on.Thanks for any help

I've already taken the sd card out and rebooted.I have a clean 4gb handy

I'm trying to clean house but keep cm7, im guessing im gonna have to restore factory default as well?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey,

I can't comment much on doing this with custom roms as I am using a stock image of ginger 2.3.4

However, I recently changed SD card. I placed the new SD card into my phone and my phone booted up without issue, of course I was missing a lot of my apps that had been moved to the old SD card. I restored a backup I had made of my old SD card to the new SD card and all my data + apps came back without any issues.

One thing that I can think of is if you created any custom partitions on your sd card you might want to recreate those. I can't offer much advice on that though as I have done much with that.
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Thanks for the reply Mr. Bourne.

Here is what I did. swaped the old sd with a clean 4 gb.Everything seemed ok so i did a factory wipe(while crossing my fingers).It booted up just fine, internal memory was pretty clean, still had cm7 etc.i had contacts backed up, thats all i really needed.So far so good, its like having a new phone again. Now I still have my old sd in case something goes wrong, but is there anything else i should have done or shoud do to prevent any unforseeable headaches?Thanks again for your help fellas.

Question is why are you buying 4gb cards when 8 and 16 are dirt cheap. Sounds like you have done it, but just back your sd card up to pc then you can copy all to new card. Like bourne said if you partition it, you will have to repartition. I like MyBackUp Pro to back up most of phone--settings/homescreens/media/call logs/sms etc
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Question is why are you buying 4gb cards when 8 and 16 are dirt cheap. Sounds like you have done it, but just back your sd card up to pc then you can copy all to new card. Like bourne said if you partition it, you will have to repartition. I like MyBackUp Pro to back up most of phone--settings/homescreens/media/call logs/sms etc
    There is no need for any fancy software to move from one SD card to another. Just copy the files.

But I agree with rugmankc, bigger card is definitely what you want. I put a 32GB in mine and it's great. But the 8GB and 16GB are very cheap.

thanks for all the help.i used a 4 gb because it was a extra just lying around the house, and i was just really testing it out.i just couldnt figure why there was no space on the old card. the one thing i was really worried about was the factory data reset.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links