Sad day :-( no more n1.

This is a discussion on Sad day :-( no more n1. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I know I have only a handful of posts on here but the info Ive gained off this site and the stuff I learned lurking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad day :-( no more n1.

Sad day :-( no more n1.

I know I have only a handful of posts on here but the info Ive gained off this site and the stuff I learned lurking was awesome.

I was walking my dogs the other day and when my lil one was attacked by a bigger dog my boxer attacked him...my phone was the only casualty. I was checking the weather when this happened and my phone fell, screen down and shattered. The screen is broken bad, Ive been told beyond repair(it wasnt just the top glass) but the phone seamed to be working still.

I have insurance but since N1s arent made any more and they dont have any more they send me a Galaxy S saying its a "comparable" phone and would not work with me on another one. Ive only had the Galaxy for a few hours today and I miss my n1 already. I tried so hard to get a Nexus S used for a good price but they kept falling through. There are just some features I cant live with out. Ill prolly be posting this phone on CL for trade for either Nexus's in comparable shape.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and vent my sadness to you all. If any one knows where I can get another please let me know!
    Rooted N1 (Im a 1 clicker)
    CM6 RC3 no nightlies

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that... I have an Atrix now, but I still have my N1--which is due for an upgrade now...thing is, since I have the Atrix, there's nothing else on AT&T that I'd want to upgrade TO from the N1! I still love that phone. My only complaint was the relative lack of storage space on board.

Good luck with your search for a replacement. You might check our off topic area here, or the Androids Wanted section at Android Forum, our sister site.

Sad news, very sad!

The are still Nexus One's available on Amazon for $270 new and $225 used - great deal.
    They are almost definitely gonna be the T-Mo version...

And to top it all off, this new phone not only CANT do the things I want it to (tether, voice search...) but its way behind in Android(eclair 2.1) annnnnnd the forum sucks and flames new guys.

I reaaaaaaly gotta find another nexus.
    Rooted N1 (Im a 1 clicker)
    CM6 RC3 no nightlies

Unhappy

I was going to start a new thread but saw this and decided to tag along.

My N1 also died

Or more specifically, I killed it (not on purpose).

I dropped it on some hard asphalt and shattered the touch screen, the AMOLED is still fine. I found a place locally that can fix it, but after three days of working fine (even with the shattered screen it was working great) it started saying "No SIM card".

What a total bummer. That phone rooted with CM 7.1 RC1 was the best thing ever.

Like Wera, I now have an Atrix. It's a great phone but not it's no N1.

Maybe I'll open the N1 and take a shot at fixing it, but for now I'm MOTO.

P.S. I agree with Wera that the only downside with the N1 is memory. The thing that I miss the most is the lighted track ball (not really the track ball, just the light).

Totally agree on the trackball, BG. So should I look for you to be joining up at Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum soon?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Totally agree on the trackball, BG. So should I look for you to be joining up at Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum soon?
    I'm there.....

I seem to have messed up my "Beer Goggles" account over there. Can you fix it for me?

I'm currently using the name AtrixAtrix

P.S. I had the Atrix for about 24 hours before I rooted LOL

So that was you!? I'll fix that for ya posthaste! Your next visit, you'll be BeerGoggles again! :D

EDIT: You're BeerGoggles (no space) now. I can fix that if it bugs ya

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    So that was you!? I'll fix that for ya posthaste! Your next visit, you'll be BeerGoggles again! :D

EDIT: You're BeerGoggles (no space) now. I can fix that if it bugs ya
    oops my mistake

I'm in as BeerGoggles (no space) and that's fine.... thx

Boy the same thing happened to me a couple months ago. Biking along, the phone popped out of the holder, I turned around to go get it, and watched a car drive over it. Phone still worked, but glass was completely shattered.

Sent it back to HTC for repair, $55 later and it was good as new. Well, some scratches on the case, but no big deal, phone works great.

Funny thing is, I was about to send it in to have them repair the power button, anyway, which, unfortunately, it already needs again. The power button and lack of internal memory are my only complaints about this phone. I love this thing.

Wish they hadn't stopped making them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links