Nexus 3... Motorola Maybe???

This is a discussion on Nexus 3... Motorola Maybe??? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Google just bought a chunck of Motorola .. Official Google Blog: Supercharging Android: Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility Google will be making Moto a "dedicated ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus 3... Motorola Maybe???

Nexus 3... Motorola Maybe???

Google just bought a chunck of Motorola ..

Official Google Blog: Supercharging Android: Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility

Google will be making Moto a "dedicated Android partner" to "supercharge the Android ecosystem" and "enhance competition in mobile computing. (From Engadget summary)
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So much for any more HTC Nexus phones

Interesting move. Now they are firmly in the hardware business, which seems like a bad move for the spread of Android.

Perhaps they will spin it off and keep the patent portfolio?

i sure hope not. have you seen the motorola droid? ugliest pos ever. i'll take a nexus one or nexus s any day over anything motorola makes

Yeah, very industrial designs in my eyes.

I expect if I were to open them up I'd find maybe a water wheel and leather belt drive system inside or something.

I do not know, but if I owned Mortorola and wanted to make a Nexus 3 seems that the obvious thing to do would be to make it with my company.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Ya that's what I thought but if there already working with LG or htc or something then maybe it will not change for this nexus but the nexus one. Now I doubt this will hurt android because htc, lg, Sony Ericsson and Samsung all agree with the move, they all want to keep making android smartphones and if apple destroys android they won't be able to. Besides Google stated that they would keep Motorola running as a separate company so I'm not to worried.

Sorry for posting two in a row just wanted to make sure everybody saw this.

Andy Rubin confirmed that it won't effect the nexus line check it out Motorola won't have exclusive on Nexus devices, Andy Rubin says | Android Central

Yea... standard PR spin but to e fare Nexus 3 has to be already well in to a late design/prototype stage by now... so I guess Nexus 4 is more likely for Moto.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    i sure hope not. have you seen the motorola droid? ugliest pos ever. i'll take a nexus one or nexus s any day over anything motorola makes
    As someone who has owned a Nexus One and now owns an Atrix, I can say that they are both excellent devices.

The Atrix is very snappy and the display is great.

The only things that I really miss from the N1 are the lighted trackball (for the notifications, not so much the pointer) and CM 7 (though it is making it's way to the Atrix).

The additional memory on the Atrix is also quite a pleasant change.

I agree with Beer 100%. Motorola makes outstanding hardware devices...it's their Blur software that sucks.

And from what I've seen said today, Google has no plan or intent to "leverage" their ownership of MotoMo to strengthen their own market position. It's much more about acquiring the Patent library and marshaling resources to protect Android from those that prefer to compete in the courtroom rather than the marketplace.

If they remain true to that intent, I see no downside to this news!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links