Battery drain when in areas with no coverage?

This is a discussion on Battery drain when in areas with no coverage? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've been having issues with my Nexus One's battery life lately. I've noticed the battery tends to drain really fast on days when I am ...

Thread: Battery drain when in areas with no coverage?

Battery drain when in areas with no coverage?

I've been having issues with my Nexus One's battery life lately. I've noticed the battery tends to drain really fast on days when I am at work. In my work building, I am frequently walking back and forth between areas with and without cell phone coverage (voice and data). I've had my N1 since January 2010. I have not rooted the phone. I always have WiFi turned off.

On my off-work days, I notice the battery drains faster when I use it more intensely, i.e. for Google Maps, Navigation, or surfing. That's understandable. But with light usage, the battery can usually get through a full day. I also get great reception in my home and usually when I'm around town.

But when I'm at work, the battery seems to drain _extra fast_ and I usually even use the phone less intensely while at work, only to check an RSS reader, Twitter, or Facebook occasionally. The only difference in "usage" at work is that I'm often in rooms where my cell reception is cut off.

Is this at all normal or a known issue? Are there any workarounds? I don't want to have to power my phone on and off every few minutes.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorenzo View Post
    I've been having issues with my Nexus One's battery life lately. I've noticed the battery tends to drain really fast on days when I am at work. In my work building, I am frequently walking back and forth between areas with and without cell phone coverage (voice and data). I've had my N1 since January 2010. I have not rooted the phone. I always have WiFi turned off.

On my off-work days, I notice the battery drains faster when I use it more intensely, i.e. for Google Maps, Navigation, or surfing. That's understandable. But with light usage, the battery can usually get through a full day. I also get great reception in my home and usually when I'm around town.

But when I'm at work, the battery seems to drain _extra fast_ and I usually even use the phone less intensely while at work, only to check an RSS reader, Twitter, or Facebook occasionally. The only difference in "usage" at work is that I'm often in rooms where my cell reception is cut off.

Is this at all normal or a known issue? Are there any workarounds? I don't want to have to power my phone on and off every few minutes.
    It's normal. It drains the battery a lot quicker because your phone is constantly "searching" for a signal. The best solution is to put it in airplane mode which only takes few seconds.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links