Power Button again...

This is a discussion on Power Button again... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So my power button is dyeing on this Nexus... again. This time I am way out of warrantee, but I do have my SquareTrade warrantee. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power Button again...

Power Button again...

So my power button is dyeing on this Nexus... again. This time I am way out of warrantee, but I do have my SquareTrade warrantee. I am going to wait as long as the button holds out... but assuming it died TODAY and SqaureTrade cut me my replacement check TODAY. What phone is the best replacement? I am leaning towards the Nexus S because... well I like the Nexus pure Google experience, but I have not kept up with the smart phones since buying the Nexus (self-defense against phone envy LOL) so what do you all suggest?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If I had to pick a phone today, it would be hard to ignore the positive reviews of the Samsung Galaxy S 2, but if it's possible to keep using your N1, and you're really sold on the Nexus experience, it might be worth it to wait for the Nexus 3. In the meantime, you could use Screen Off and Lock to turn off the screen with the search button, and No Lock or Widgetlocker to turn it on with the volume rocker. To be honest, I haven't used the power button on my N1 in months. I rarely if ever have to reboot, so I'm hoping my power button lasts a good long while.

Good luck in whatever you choose

I should probably get those apps while the power button still works. Not a bad idea.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    I should probably get those apps while the power button still works. Not a bad idea.
    And don't forget that if your battery dies, you can turn it on by plugging in the charger and removing and inserting the battery. Not elegant, but it works!

Quote Originally Posted by MerkurMan View Post
    And don't forget that if your battery dies, you can turn it on by plugging in the charger and removing and inserting the battery. Not elegant, but it works!
    Yea, had to do that the last time when the power button was completely dead. Right now the power button works most of the time... but you can tell its going. Would prefer to wait and see what Nexus 3 would be like.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

So my power button is dyeing on this Nexus...
    What color did you dye it? :rofl3:

If your rooted there is a rom on XDA that uses vol-/vol+ in place of power button. Forgot which one.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    If your rooted there is a rom on XDA that uses vol-/vol+ in place of power button. Forgot which one.

No need to root the apps mentioned earlier in this thread do it. Think my plan is to hold off on warranty claim, use these apps and see what Nexus 3 looks like.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Sorry, I only scanned the posts and missed them--good idea to wait on Prime. If Samsung, it may have a much better touch screen also.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

And, really, it's not that expensive to get HTC to fix it for you. I've had them fix the power button issue 3 times now. It cost $55 once, but that was due to the fact the phone was run over by a car, and needed a glass replacement. It got run over just before I was about to call them and get the power button fixed. 100 days later, I called again because I was back to using the power cable plug in method to turning it on, and they fixed it for free, including paying for FedEx shipping.

And T-Mobile will give you a loaner for free while your phone is in the shop. It'll be a crappy feature phone most likely, but you'll only be without your N1 for 4 or 5 days max.

I just don't see any phones that are worth giving up my N1 for at the current time.

The memory will be erased, so make sure you back up your stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links