Need Help ASAP. Cannot contact son at college

This is a discussion on Need Help ASAP. Cannot contact son at college within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Today we dropped our son off at UIC in Chicago. Both my son and I have a Nexus one phone and despite a status of ...

Thread: Need Help ASAP. Cannot contact son at college

Need Help ASAP. Cannot contact son at college

Today we dropped our son off at UIC in Chicago. Both my son and I have a Nexus one phone and despite a status of full signal strength both phones cannot send text messages or makes call in most cases. Incomming calls go directly to voicemail after 2 rings. All outgoing calls result in a busy signal. Occasionally one call/text will slip through but its like in 6 tries only one sucessful connection. My wife was with us and she has a simple Samsung strive and does not have any problems. Our carrier is ATT and contacting them was useless. I am wondering why the "dumb" samsung strive has no issues and the "smart" nexus one phones will not work in his dorm. All ATT said about this was it is a problem with the device and that they have very good coverage there, thats not much help.

To be clear all 3 phones are on the same plan/network (ATT).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I suspect something in the APN settings. Or a potential temporary overload of the system there...the busy signal on outgoing calls suggests that the phone can't latch onto a tower, probably due to saturation. If the latter is the case, it will probably get sorted out quickly.

Do you have a 3G signal or an Edge signal? Its the letter next to the bars. Chances are that the phones won't drop into EDGE mode and are trying to maintain a 3G signal but the 3G part of the tower is overloaded but the EDGE/GSM part isn't. Which is why the Strive works but the Nexus phones don't. Hit *#*#4636#*#* and go to "Phone". See if your is set to WCDMA Preferred or WCDMA only.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links