Is it possible to go back an OS version?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to go back an OS version? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; If you mistakenly installed Gingerbread and find that it sucks the life out of your android device, is it possible to go back to Froyo? ...

Thread: Is it possible to go back an OS version?

Is it possible to go back an OS version?

If you mistakenly installed Gingerbread and find that it sucks the life out of your android device, is it possible to go back to Froyo? I've looked into soft resets, hard resets, factory resets, but they all talk about data and don't mention OS or Firmware. I really don't want to waste my time doing any of these resets only to find that I'm still stuck with 2.3. I never saw anything useful in Gingerbread anyway, Froyo is/was the peak of Android 2.x for me. I want it back

Disclaimer: This is actually about my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7", not my Nexus One (which is humming along nicely with CyanogenMod6.0). I can't find an SGT forum that's populated with people though. There are plenty of them (forums), just not anybody in them. :rofl3:
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you asked over here? Galaxy Tab Forum
    It's one of our sister sites.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Have you asked over here? Galaxy Tab Forum
    It's one of our sister sites.
    That's one forum I hadn't spotted. It's amazing how many forums there are for the galaxy tab, but there isn't one that stands out and gets all the volume. Thanks.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links