Need help choosing my new phone

This is a discussion on Need help choosing my new phone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So the time has come to say good bye to my venerable N1. Its not broken, its just time for me to get a new ...

Thread: Need help choosing my new phone

Post Need help choosing my new phone

So the time has come to say good bye to my venerable N1. Its not broken, its just time for me to get a new one. I'm too jealous of features like the front facing camera (I travel a lot and skyping with my wife on a cell phone would be nice). I also want a faster processor and I'm tired of the hoops i have to jump through because I'm out of space. (What were they thinking putting only 512MB in it?). Yeah, Apps2SD helps but moving the Davlik cache to SD slows you down significantly.

So my wish list is:

1. Dual core processor.
    2. Lots of internal space for installing apps
    3. MicroSD expandable
    4. Front facing camera.
    5. Must be GSM based (no Verizon or Sprint). I travel outside the US and like to swap sims.
    6. Easily rootable with mods available. Gingerbread is nice but I'm a CyanogenMod guy.
    7. And last but not least, it can't be too big. I think the N1 is the perfect size. The 4.3" monsters always seem like I'm holding a laptop to my ear.

Any suggestions? I could really use your help. I'm on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile) and intend to pay for my phone in full so I can unlock it.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well I was going to say atrix until the last 2 but basically with your specifications your best bet would be to wait for the nexus prime.

I think I'm gonna hit the T-Mobile store and see what the HTC Sensation looks and feels like. I don't particularly care for Samsung phones. They feel cheap. I've dropped my N1 10 feet over a balcony to a marble floor and picked it up, put the battery back in and kept on truckin'. My son dropped his Samsung Galaxy onto a wood floor and broke it.

I agree with Dude--wait for the Prime. Should meet your requirements.

The Sensation will feel large in your hand, based on your comment. It did to me, but I don't care about that--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links