Question on phone being unlocked

This is a discussion on Question on phone being unlocked within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, I have a rooted N1 with the latest CM7 on T-mobile. I will be traveling to Colombia on Friday and in the past ...

Thread: Question on phone being unlocked

Question on phone being unlocked

Hi All,

I have a rooted N1 with the latest CM7 on T-mobile. I will be traveling to Colombia on Friday and in the past I've just unlocked my phones and insert a SIM card from down there.

All I will need is phone calls. My question is, how can I check if my phone is currently locked/unlocked? Does the fact that it's rooted and bootloader unlocked make it unlocked?

Am I missing something?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Bootloader unlocked is not the same as SIM unlocked. The N1 is SIM unlocked as standard, so you should be good to go. You can test by borrowing any SIM from a friend and sticking it in your phone...

You will need to have the right APN settings for whichever SIM you use. Common ones should be stored in the phone, less common ones may take some investigating on your part (internet, or phone the carrier).

You will also have to check the frequencies of the carrier - you should get 2G no problem, but 3G will have to match your phone...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Bootloader unlocked is not the same as SIM unlocked. The N1 is SIM unlocked as standard, so you should be good to go. You can test by borrowing any SIM from a friend and sticking it in your phone...

You will need to have the right APN settings for whichever SIM you use. Common ones should be stored in the phone, less common ones may take some investigating on your part (internet, or phone the carrier).

You will also have to check the frequencies of the carrier - you should get 2G no problem, but 3G will have to match your phone...
    Thank you. I was planning on testing with an ATT card so that should work. I know the ATT 3g is different but as long as it reads the SIm that will answer my question.

I don't care about 3g, I just want to be able to make local phone calls in Colombia.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links