Will N1 receive Ice cream Sandwich?

This is a discussion on Will N1 receive Ice cream Sandwich? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Banoffee!!! lolllzz...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will N1 receive Ice cream Sandwich?

Banoffee!!! lolllzz
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again (Ferris Bueller)...

I really don't see the N1 going from being the first phone to get Froyo, and the second phone to get Gingerbread (first phone via OTA), to all of a sudden not getting the updates at all.

Granted there are a lot of phones out there that surpass the N1 in many ways, but I'm not convinced it matters.

Just look at Froyo - a lot of phones received that update, eventually, and older phones are slowly but surely being updated to Gingerbread, also. Sure hardware plays a part, but Froyo was released on the N1 with hardware specs vastly superior to the other phones at the time, but they all got the update (or at least most did).

To leave the N1 behind would be to leave many other handsets behind, also...
    I agree with you DR.

Just also if there are specifics about the N1 Hardware that makes it any inferior to the new handsets released later , would be nice to know that. I mean hardware limitations that will not allow an update like ICS to run on it.

Look at iOS5 with over 200 features that covers almost all Apple devices .

Why would ICS be such a Rocket Science that it will find N1 inferior to run on? Or is it just that Google is bored with its first baby ??

I'll be looking for my copy of Banoffee pie coming via telekinesis sometime in the near future. I believe us Nexus One owners will receive it from Sir Martha Stewart.

I'd think our hardware might be a slight limitation.

That said, we could always get a "lite" ice cream sandwich, with some features excluded to make it run better.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Was just about to post this. Looks interesting

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I'll bet you a dollar that team douche gets it working on the OG Nexus
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

"Google has confirmed that it will update the existing Nexus S handset to new Ice Cream Sandwich Android software in the next few weeks, but has also said that its original Nexus One is ‘too old’ for the upgrade."

Sorry but gotta rant.
    This sucks! Phone is 1 yr and 10 mos and is TOO OLD TO UPGRADE? Sounds like they have built in marketing strategy in wherein they can't upgrade the phone 1.5yrs down the road and therefor you need to buy another $500+/- phone. I'm dumping this rock and data plan and going back to regular (probably prepaid) cell phone with talk only.
    This whole bait and switch crap with " we have 4G and fastest network" only to have data capped and speed throttled after you buy into plans is unconscionable. That and 4G doesn't exist, more like 3.1G.

End of rant, proceed to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Nexus One- 2.3.6 GingerBread GRK39F- w/ Lexar 32gb CL.10

Root your phone. Problem solved
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links