Will N1 receive Ice cream Sandwich?

This is a discussion on Will N1 receive Ice cream Sandwich? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys i am really curious to know if my n1 will get this new official update. If anyone knows please post. This will depend ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will N1 receive Ice cream Sandwich?

Will N1 receive Ice cream Sandwich?

Hey guys i am really curious to know if my n1 will get this new official update. If anyone knows please post. This will depend if i sell my n1 or not. I want to have this phone for at least 1 more year but in order to to this i need the new android OTA ICS Update.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i dont this there will a major OTA update, coz it never happened in any of the OS. u can get update of same release version. but Icecream sandwich is major relase..
    its not possible to get update from 2.3.6 to 4.0.

I don't think that precludes an upgrade to ICS. There may be hardware limitations in the N1 that prevent it, but other than that, I fully expect my Atrix to get the upgrade from 2.3.4 to ICS. The N1 I'm a bit less certain about.

With Root, I believe it will be possible.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Yes, Cyanogen will have ready before any phones get it--OTA
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (Ferris Bueller)...

I really don't see the N1 going from being the first phone to get Froyo, and the second phone to get Gingerbread (first phone via OTA), to all of a sudden not getting the updates at all.

Granted there are a lot of phones out there that surpass the N1 in many ways, but I'm not convinced it matters.

Just look at Froyo - a lot of phones received that update, eventually, and older phones are slowly but surely being updated to Gingerbread, also. Sure hardware plays a part, but Froyo was released on the N1 with hardware specs vastly superior to the other phones at the time, but they all got the update (or at least most did).

To leave the N1 behind would be to leave many other handsets behind, also...

Agreed DR

Just that us rooted users will be enjoying it long before OTA's are out

Another reason to root for those on the fence--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

no one knows until google officially announces or when an unrooted phone begins to receive the update. no point in speculating

But isn't speculating part of the fun?

Maybe its time for Google to release the master plan?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=19

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links