Need some Help.

This is a discussion on Need some Help. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello, new to the forum...I've done some searching but I need some specific help to keep my N1 alive. So tonight due to my carelessness ...

Thread: Need some Help.

Need some Help.

Hello, new to the forum...I've done some searching but I need some specific help to keep my N1 alive.

So tonight due to my carelessness I dropped my Nexus One from about 4 feet up...it hit the ground (with a friggin OtterBox defender case on it) and the screen cracked. The digitizer works completely, touchscreen responds fine and did a pointer check (CM7 dev tools) and there are no dead spots or anything. However, there are visible cracks and severe color bleeding on the AMOLED screen (I'm 95 percent certain its the AMOLED version).

I just have a few questions:
    You can't use a SLCD screen to replace the AMOLED screen?
    How do I find out for certain what screen type I have?

I found this site (Google Nexus One LCD Screen Replacement Display - AMOLED) that seems to be the part I need. I'm totally comfortable taking apart electronics and I'm confident I can replace this myself. However...I don't want to overpay for a part and I also don't want to buy a sub-par replacement.

Thank you so much, I'm a big participant in JeepForum and I know how helpful these forums can be. I'll be extremely grateful

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

To confirm which screen you have, open a terminal emulator and type in "dmesg".
    The smiled will have samsung_oled_panel in a number of places...

I'm not sure about switching the amoled for an slcd, but gut feeling says its not possible...

the same thing happened to me.

i sent it in to HTC

130 bucks later it was back to working with an amoled replacement

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links