Lose root privileges ..

This is a discussion on Lose root privileges .. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; You just do it from ROM manager or recovery. ROM manager I figure you know how. From recovery you just go to "flash zip from ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lose root privileges ..

You just do it from ROM manager or recovery. ROM manager I figure you know how. From recovery you just go to "flash zip from sd card" or something similar (depending on the recovery used) then select the file you downloaded, then select yes and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    You just do it from ROM manager or recovery. ROM manager I figure you know how. From recovery you just go to "flash zip from sd card" or something similar (depending on the recovery used) then select the file you downloaded, then select yes and your done.
    I have CM 7.02062011.Nightly-N1 and download update-cm-7.1.0-N1-signed

wipe it's necesary .?

Well I copy oth zip files into SD card ( did not work the USB storage mod ) and boot into recovery .. select the option and it move in to the only hat ( ROM hat ) screen for more than 10 mins and nothing else happen ..

then try to reboot from the recovery menu .. --> nothing happen ..

Remove the batt and restart .. it restart as normal with no change in ROM or clockmod ..

Have you tried the fix permissions option from within ROM Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Have you tried the fix permissions option from within ROM Manager?
    yap ..

" an error occurred while attempting to run priviliged commands "

It oddly sounds like if you didn't have root privileges. Well if I understand right when you boot into recovery you just get stuck at the clockwork mod symbol and nothing happens. So now I need to know is your bootloader unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    So now I need to know is your bootloader unlocked?
    I think so .. :D that's the way I got my CM7 installed .. the weird thing .. it's I'm not sure what tha hell happen .. I can't even add apps to Superuser App ..!

Ok well to know if you have an unlocked bootloader just reboot your phone and if you see an unlocked padlock at the :nexusx: screen then you have an unlocked bootloader.

Now I would make a backup using titanium backup so you have all your apps and data backed up because we're either going to reflash everything from the start and get your root privileges functioning again or try and use an exploit to root your current ROM and put the superuser back in. The choice is yours but I can't guaranty the exploit is going to work.

Well kinda stuck with the t backup coz as I don't have root permissions it would not work

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok well then you might as well try the exploit to root your ROM because we'll need to use an exploit anyway if we reflash because the reflash will be through passimg which is stock.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links