Lose root privileges ..

This is a discussion on Lose root privileges .. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all .. Well .. the phone .. N1 rooted running CM7 Nightly and Clockworkmod 2.5.1.0 All was fine running Titanium backup and bunch of ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lose root privileges ..

Lose root privileges ..

Hello all ..

Well .. the phone ..

N1 rooted running CM7 Nightly and Clockworkmod 2.5.1.0

All was fine running Titanium backup and bunch of other stuff withour issues ..

then I pay and install PowerAmp .. that may not be the issue but it's when I realize I lose root privileges ..

I already download new clockwork from the wiki and running the fastboot flash recovery of the new clockwork passion.img but still not root privileges ..

I appreciate ideas and suggestions ..

David

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This sounds weird to me so I would download terminal emulator and type in "su" (no quotes) if you get a # prompt instead of a $ prompt then you have root access. Seeing as you have a recovery, if you don't have root then you can just flash SU via recovery and you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    This sounds weird to me so I would download terminal emulator and type in "su" (no quotes) if you get a # prompt instead of a $ prompt then you have root access. Seeing as you have a recovery, if you don't have root then you can just flash SU via recovery and you'll be good to go.
    I do have terminal .. each time that I type su to get root promp got termnal line that said " permision denied " but also a SO message ( which just show for few segs ) " terminal emulator has been granted superuser permisions " but not ..

that happen while terminal emulator it's in my superuser app list and with last date and time off allowed permisions ..

so weird ..

Edit: I flash the su " signed.zip " same way that I did with clockmodwork ?

fastboot .... ?

More info ..

Superuser app list include widgetlocker which still work as it should be ..

Ok well I suggest you just try reflashing SU. You do this by booting into recovery (hold vol- while booting up to get into bootloader then select recovery) then selecting the "flash zip from SDcard" option (or similar depending on what recovery you have installed), then select the file and wait for it to flash.

with that zip that you post before ?

Yes and just encase here it is again http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31690913/and...-ef-signed.zip

Yes and just encase here it is again http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31690913/and...-ef-signed.zip
    If I do .. I will start with my phone from scratch .. I mean will lose all personal setup ?

And reflash the zip from ROM manager .?

No your data should all stay just fine.

I always flash directly from in recovery instead of ROM manager but yes you can flash it from ROM manager.

No your data should all stay just fine.

I always flash directly from in recovery instead of ROM manager but yes you can flash it from ROM manager.
    So I just copy the zip file to my SD card or by command from the PC .?

have a link for any turorial or guide on how to do it right ?

thanks !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links