How do I : MESSAGE SOUNDS?

This is a discussion on How do I : MESSAGE SOUNDS? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have only just started using my Nexus One which I inherited from my wife, and I cannot figure out how to change the Email ...

Thread: How do I : MESSAGE SOUNDS?

Question How do I : MESSAGE SOUNDS?

I have only just started using my Nexus One which I inherited from my wife, and I cannot figure out how to change the Email and SMS message sounds. I have my own tunes which I want to install ... how do I do that? Bluetooth doesn't seem to work but I do have a cable connection to my computer. Incidentally, my computer OS is Ubuntu 11.10.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

For ringtones--Settings.Sound>Phone Ringtone or Notification Ringtone

There are various ways to load ringtones. You can save music files as ringtones right from the stock player by going to settings>save as ringtone, but that's only going to save it. You can also transfer files to the ringtone file using your PC after connecting it via USB.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    For ringtones--Settings.Sound>Phone Ringtone or Notification Ringtone

There are various ways to load ringtones. You can save music files as ringtones right from the stock player by going to settings>save as ringtone, but that's only going to save it. You can also transfer files to the ringtone file using your PC after connecting it via USB.

Hope that helps.
    Hi, I did what you suggested and viewed Phone Ringtones. There doesn't appear to be a way of adding any of my own tunes to the list ... do the ring tones have to be in a particular format? The reason I ask is that I have added via USB cable 2 mp3's into the Ringert file on the phone ... the only folder that I can see that has any music files, and neither files are showing up in the Phone Ringtones menu.

Thanks for your help so far

I'm sorry. I goofed. I meant to split that into two things. The way to save the files as ringtones that I know is by using your PC and putting the files directly in. I don't use Umbutu, so it may not be the same as Windows, but it's just a matter of connecting to the PC.

You can also save them in the stock player (individually) by going into the music player, picking a song then hit the menu>settings.save as ringtone.

You might try ringdroid and other apps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I'm sorry. I goofed. I meant to split that into two things. The way to save the files as ringtones that I know is by using your PC and putting the files directly in. I don't use Umbutu, so it may not be the same as Windows, but it's just a matter of connecting to the PC.

You can also save them in the stock player (individually) by going into the music player, picking a song then hit the menu>settings.save as ringtone.

You might try ringdroid and other apps as well.
    I went through the phone file system and found nothing called "Ringtones", so I have no idea where to drop the two music files.
    Using the music player to save the files as ringtones? I will have to check that out later today I'll let you know how I go on

Try using Ringdroid from the market.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Try using Ringdroid from the market.
    Thanks a lot ... I downloaded and used Ringdroid ... the jobs a good-un

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links