help! i am stuck while trying to root

This is a discussion on help! i am stuck while trying to root within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i downloaded the clockwork 2.5 recovery put it in same directory as fastboot BUT did not put on root of sd card! i dont even ...

Thread: help! i am stuck while trying to root

help! i am stuck while trying to root

i downloaded the clockwork 2.5 recovery put it in same directory as fastboot BUT did not put on root of sd card! i dont even understsnd that

however i continued forgetting i did not do that and now i have the screen on my nexus where it is tellin me to pic a zip to apply from my sd card with the trackball but i am unable to since there is none! what do I do?? plz help

Download these one of the following custom recoveries and put it in the same directory as fastboot and SU and put it on the root of your SD card:
    Amon Ra 2.2.1
    ClockworkMod 2.5.1.4
    (Note: I do NOT recommend using ClockworkMod 3.x, however I do use the earlier version of CWM provided above

Now you will need to boot into fastboot and open a command prompt like when you unlocked to bootloader.

Then in the command prompt issue the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (where "recovery.img" is the name of the recovery file you downloaded earlier)
    Then "fastboot boot recovery.img" (same goes for this)

Then you will need to navigate using the trackball to "flash zip from sdcard" then select the su file from earlier and wait for it to flash. Then just reboot and you’re done.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

ok i know now what root of sd is...? now how do i put the files on it? i dont see a way to do that

got it...gave up and unplugged pulled the battery let the nexus load skipped loggin into google account and now usb storage capability!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links