Nexus one collecting dust... things to do?

This is a discussion on Nexus one collecting dust... things to do? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, Well well well, it seems that this "family" of mine is still the first place I come to when it comes to Nexus ...

Thread: Nexus one collecting dust... things to do?

Nexus one collecting dust... things to do?

Hey guys,

Well well well, it seems that this "family" of mine is still the first place I come to when it comes to Nexus one things Hello again!

So as the title says, my Nexus one has been half collecting dust. It's been deprived of attention, but it still serves as a ROM tester and MP3 player . Seems like a waste to me, and I've been wondering around the XDA marketplace to see what I can get for it.

However, a few things hit me... I'm alittle attached to all my phones (be it Nexus one or not). I like to keep them in a drawer or cupboard as prized posessions, and since this is the first Google phone, I think its worth keeping.

What would you think is a fair trade for a little less than 2 yo N1??
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Im still using my beloved N1 <3

I think its a classic. When you look back at android, I think it was the phone that sparked the change.

Especially since you cant get it from google any more, only used ones from ebay etc.

It probably wont go for much, but I personally value it too much to trade it!

If you are goning to trade it, pay a bit on top of it an get a top of the range phone so it doesn't get outdated too fast :P

I value mine as well, and I like to hold onto my last phone as a backup inthe event mine decides to go swimming or something until I can afford to get anew one (had to switch to my G1 for a while when my N1 did decide to goswimming). So now my N1 is sitting in a drawer in the event my Sensation has an unfortunateaccident.

I do miss this forum, I havn't been able to find one quite like it for the Sensation, I also have a NS for work but even that side of this forum doesn't seem to be as well as the original N1 forum.

I think I'll keep using it as is (MP3 player, backup phone)

I don't actually have a back up smartphone if I decide to trade it (of course, unless I trade for another phone...). But then thinking back, I much preferred the N1 over any other phone during that period. I do have a Nokia 5800 to fall back on. But... that's by no means "smart" comparatively

@Fury: TRUE THAT! The thing with this phone is that its alittle more than that $600 or so I spent on it. It has a little sentimental value to me as well. In all honesty, I didn't even hand it down to my Dad (His plan is almost up) cause his brash with his phones. I can't imagine what a new owner would be like to my phone ;-;

I think I'll still hover around here. The Gnex is a nice phone and all, but this is by far the best forum I've been to (you seem to know everyone in a way )
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

T-Mobile gave me a pretty sweet deal....or so I thought. A $29 Galaxy S II for $29+Tax and a $50 mail in Rebate.

WRONG!

After 48 hours I'd rooted it. Then I found out about how bad the Dev support is for it.

Seriously. The N1 is superior in so many ways, other than hardware and GPS. If I even mention the fact that hardware specs are over rated in xds, they tell me how I lost my credibility and how stupid I am.

The GN is a great phone. Certainly better than the N1 and the NS, but I'll take the N1 over just about anything else.

This forum has been the best. I just don't get the same vibe on xds, and most importantly this forum is more helpful do to the fact that there aren't as many people on it. There are just as many knowledgeable people on here, just not as many idiots like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    T-Mobile gave me a pretty sweet deal....or so I thought. A $29 Galaxy S II for $29+Tax and a $50 mail in Rebate.

WRONG!

After 48 hours I'd rooted it. Then I found out about how bad the Dev support is for it.

Seriously. The N1 is superior in so many ways, other than hardware and GPS. If I even mention the fact that hardware specs are over rated in xds, they tell me how I lost my credibility and how stupid I am.

The GN is a great phone. Certainly better than the N1 and the NS, but I'll take the N1 over just about anything else.

This forum has been the best. I just don't get the same vibe on xds, and most importantly this forum is more helpful do to the fact that there aren't as many people on it. There are just as many knowledgeable people on here, just not as many idiots like me!!!
    I hear ya The Nexus one STILL has a decent dev support group. This community is great too, you read the user name and you kinda know the person I like forums like that.

The Nexus one was and still is a great "balanced" phone: I think it's one of those phone where you can leave abandoned for years... then discover one day and still have lots of fun with. I would buy a remake model of it TBH, stick in a S-AMOLED(+) give it a new processor, NFC and BAM, still a sexy beast :D

What I really like about the N1 is how... exclusive it was. It's not an iphone, you really couldn't easily find someone else with one on the streets.

I picked up my Nexus Prime (sorry, calling it a "Galaxy" Nexus just doesn't seem right to me anymore!) when Rogers finally released it. As a result, my good old Nexus One was put into retirement. Although, it is not in a desk collecting dust or on a shelve doing nothing. I still keep it charged and keep it connected and it sits on the night stand beside my bed.

I have toyed with a couple of ideas for a use for it. I have thought about using it to automate certain activities in my small home network. For instance, my FreeNas box is loud so I don't keep it on all the time. I have considered using my Nexus One to automatically turn on my FreeNas box when I get home from work so its up and ready to go if and when I need it. I could then also use it to turn it off automatically.

This does sound a little over the top if I do say so myself haha, but it would be nice to have my Nexus doing something other then just sitting on the night stand like a boss.

Cheers
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links