Will the Nexus One take significant market share from the iPhone?

This is a discussion on Will the Nexus One take significant market share from the iPhone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Fugazi Even though they are similar devices there is one major difference between the two, Snapdragon. Also after owning so many crappy ...

View Poll Results: Android Ice Cream or Ice Cream Sandwich

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ice Cream Sandwich

6 30.00%
  • Ice Cream

12 60.00%
  • Neither

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Nexus One take significant market share from the iPhone?

4Nines
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
    Even though they are similar devices there is one major difference between the two, Snapdragon. Also after owning so many crappy Motorola phones, I am not in a hurry to buy the Droid. A few years ago I bought my first smartphone, HTC Mogul. Since then I have been impressed with them.
    That Snapdragon processor should be wicked fast!

Quote Originally Posted by vertical View Post
    Rumor has it that Apple is about to be on Verizon, so they are opening themselves up to over 52 million new users. I dont think they should worry quite yet...
    This would be very good news, this way the iphone can destroy Verizon's network instead of the network that I'm paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines View Post
    That Snapdragon processor should be wicked fast!

From what I saw today, it IS.

I had to add an option to reflect my opinion :D
    The phone is very impressive. But here in Atlanta, TMo pretty much sucks...AT&T kills em! They could start their own coverage map war with TMo, and ROUT em!

Cool Nexus One Vs iPhone

I think we are over looking the obvious flaws in the iPhone design as well as Apple's propensity for propriaty technologies and extensive policing of the apps allowed.

First the technological. A non removable battery is ludacrous. period.

Open source operating systems are a well known and established way to get the best possible software with hundreds or thousounds of individuals tweeking it to make it better. Apple tightly controls their propriatary intellectual property which will eventually lead to stagnation.

Another example is apps. Apple has over 100,000 apps and most are crap. Android market has just passed 35,000 apps and most are free. As an example just look at Google maps w/turn by turn vice navigation - Free, or iMusic app (free version) free MP3 music downloads. You can also download non market apps if you so desire if you want to take the risk from unknown or untrusted sources. (at least you have the option if you want to)

The specs on the new Nexus One have removed the last technological barrier to the iPhone and I believe that we are going to see a tremendous surge in the Android Operating System as well as high tech smart phones utilizing the Android Operating System.

One only has to look at Googles buying spree in 2009 to see that some very exciting developments are coming down the road. Possibly the most exciting rumor is the Google netbook with their Chrome OS supposedly to be available in the 3rd quarter this year. I can't imagine that they wouldnt tie their Android mobile operatinjg system to their Chrome OS that would make a powerhouse melding of their two flagship systems. Not to mention Google's VOIP technologies.

Lastly Google is flush with cash and can afford to promote, develop or buy the best technologies and talent out there to get whatever they want or envision. Google is not an overly risk taking company and those who think that Google may fail at their latest endevers by moving out of their core business havent been paying close attention to Google to their own peril...

Basically Microsoft has just been taken out of the game and Apple is now in their sights.

I'm not sure how much market share the Nexus One alone will take, but I really think the true threat to the iPhone is from the Android operating system. As said before, people are already beginning to drop iPhone for other Android phones.

Personally, I have never owned an iPhone and never will. I also prefer driving cars with manual gear shift over automatic gears

Lastly, I leave you with this:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I would say the Android will take some more market share out of the iPhone, but I don't think to the point of destroy it. The apple fanboys will always worship any Apple product out there. I owned an iPhone now but to be honest I like Android phones better. The only reason I have the iPhone now is because it hold value better than Android phones thanks to the support of the Apple fanboys.

Admin
    Android will slowly erode at the iPhone. Android is open software and open to all hardware manufacturers.

Think of the iPhone as betamax... closed but for now, superior. Or the Apple vs the PC... nice but not open to competition.

It won't die overnight, but it will face so much competition and innovation that other handsets will slowly erode at it.

Tmobile does suck, but ATT with there dropped calls and iphones sucking the 3g network dry...I decided to test drive Tmobile. Verizon will cripple everything before Tmobile would. If it sucks, its always more then one way to get out a contract! I am just a geek who likes his toys. So mine is on the way!

I dont think Verizon would cripple anything.. We already have the Droid that you could do anything with. Verizon has opened there doors and let all in, in order to get a bigger market share you must know how to change, verizon is doing that as we speak, AT&T is vulnerable right now and Verizon is going for the Jugular. Look at how much the Droid has taken from AT&T, heck they are not even marketing the iPhone anymore. All the AT&T ads i have seen showcase the Blackberry 9700 Bold 2.

This was is the best time for the Android platform to strike, i hand it to google, they hit the nail on the head with this phone , other than the media part which is the next thing to be updated in the Android OS.
    Google, Verizon, HTC & Motorola vs Apple... NO CONTEST! Adapt or Die is the saying. Verizon/Android has the ball in their court right now and there going to do a Slam Dunk when the N1 gets released!

Lets see what Apple has up there sleeve during CES.....
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links