Will the Nexus One take significant market share from the iPhone?

This is a discussion on Will the Nexus One take significant market share from the iPhone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm curious to know how well the Nexus One will do against the iPhone. The Droid has done spectacularly well but it was aimed at ...

View Poll Results: Android Ice Cream or Ice Cream Sandwich

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ice Cream Sandwich

6 30.00%
  • Ice Cream

12 60.00%
  • Neither

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Nexus One take significant market share from the iPhone?

Admin

Will the Nexus One take significant market share from the iPhone?

I'm curious to know how well the Nexus One will do against the iPhone. The Droid has done spectacularly well but it was aimed at a carrier that had no iPhone.

The Nexus One is aimed directly at AT&T and T-Mobile.

Do you think the Nexus One will take significant market share from the iPhone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

4Nines
    I think so! Just because I think the Android OS is getting such good reviews right now that people will try it out or buy it first.

iPhone owners are already switching to the Droid, so it will be interesting to see how they react when they dont have to switch providers to get an Android OS.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by vertical View Post
    iPhone owners are already switching to the Droid, so it will be interesting to see how they react when they dont have to switch providers to get an Android OS.
    Yes, that's very important. You'll be able to keep the same number so that lowers the threshold of pain required to switch.

Do I think Apple should be worried? Not yet. However, if Google/Android keeps up the current pacem in a year, they need to start worrying.

Rumor has it that Apple is about to be on Verizon, so they are opening themselves up to over 52 million new users. I dont think they should worry quite yet...

4Nines
    Yeah and if they hire the same advertising company that Motorolla did, then lookout Apple!

JimMariner
    Getting time to start making some Apple Pie before all those iPhones go bad

These Android powered phones are going to kick Apple's but back to the stone age.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'm curious to know how well the Nexus One will do against the iPhone. The Droid has done spectacularly well but it was aimed at a carrier that had no iPhone.

It's unfortunate Google is starting off with AT&T and T-Mobile. I am not a fan of my current carrier, Verizon, however they currently have the best service areas.

AT&T has one of the worst bottlenecks in their 3G network.T-Mobile has one of the worst service areas I have ever seen. So, I will not be buying a Nexus One.

So, I think it's a very bad strategy to start off this way. The only reason Motorola Droid is doing well is because of it being on Verizon. We all know the Droid is not the first phone nor the second phone with Android. They are nice phones, but because they are with T-Mobile they have had hard time putting a dent in the smartphone market.

Google would have a better chance just coming out with 2 sets of phones. One that is unlocked for GSM and one that is unlocked for CDMA.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

It's unfortunate Google is starting off with AT&T and T-Mobile. I am not a fan of my current carrier, Verizon, however they currently have the best service areas.

AT&T has one of the worst bottlenecks in their 3G network.T-Mobile has one of the worst service areas I have ever seen. So, I will not be buying a Nexus One.

So, I think it's a very bad strategy to start off this way. The only reason Motorola Droid is doing well is because of it being on Verizon. We all know the Droid is not the first phone nor the second phone with Android. They are nice phones, but because they are with T-Mobile they have had hard time putting a dent in the smartphone market.

Google would have a better chance just coming out with 2 sets of phones. One that is unlocked for GSM and one that is unlocked for CDMA.
    The Droid and the Nexus One are very similar, so having 2 phones that work no 2 separate networks is not such a bad idea. At least, IMHO.

Even though they are similar devices there is one major difference between the two, Snapdragon. Also after owning so many crappy Motorola phones, I am not in a hurry to buy the Droid. A few years ago I bought my first smartphone, HTC Mogul. Since then I have been impressed with them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links