When will the Nexus One be released?

This is a discussion on When will the Nexus One be released? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; There have been many rumors that the release of the Nexus One will be January 5th, however there have been no word from Google or ...

View Poll Results: Mac or PC

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

9 14.75%
  • PC

39 63.93%
  • Both

11 18.03%
  • Neither

2 3.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will the Nexus One be released?

Admin

When will the Nexus One be released?

There have been many rumors that the release of the Nexus One will be January 5th, however there have been no word from Google or T-Mobile, nor any promotion or marketing.

I think releasing the phone on that date would be hard to do, or rather, unwise.

What do you think?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think that it would be smart of them to do some "Heavy" advertising via television and internet. Let's face it, a LOT of people love Google and to see such a sleek phone with an Android OS and 1ghz processor......

This isn't rocket science. I believe this phone is going to sell off the shelves before most people can get their hands on one. Hopefully, I'll be one of those people that get one upon release:D

I'd have to say "unwise and unlikely". Both terms would be appropriate, given the current state of smartphone marketing. No matter how good it is, if nobody knows about it, it's gonna be a dud.

That said, I'm wondering what Google will do to get this phone out...

And welcome to the forums, Methodical!

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    I think that it would be smart of them to do some "Heavy" advertising via television and internet. Let's face it, a LOT of people love Google and to see such a sleek phone with an Android OS and 1ghz processor......

This isn't rocket science. I believe this phone is going to sell off the shelves before most people can get their hands on one. Hopefully, I'll be one of those people that get one upon release:D
    I agree, a marketing blitz is essential. I'm going to guess that it'll take them at least until March/April for a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post

I agree, a marketing blitz is essential. I'm going to guess that it'll take them at least until March/April for a release.

Yep, I preceded you in that vote.

Official release: March - April / May - June
    Invite only release (beta): 5th January
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

You never know, it may not even be an invite only release at first. Thinking about it, the Palm Pixi was all buzz over the net for quite some time. Even after a release date was assigned, advertisements weren't active until it's release. And in my opinion, a device like that is doing quite well, in terms of sales.

You never know until it's officially announced and done. But, I think it'll make a great New Year's hit if released January - February.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaige View Post
    You never know, it may not even be an invite only release at first. Thinking about it, the Palm Pixi was all buzz over the net for quite some time. Even after a release date was assigned, advertisements weren't active until it's release. And in my opinion, a device like that is doing quite well, in terms of sales.

You never know until it's officially announced and done. But, I think it'll make a great New Year's hit if released January - February.
    We'll keep our fingers crossed, the earlier the better as hardware doesn't get any younger

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaige View Post

We'll keep our fingers crossed, the earlier the better as hardware doesn't get any younger
    Agreed, I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed. I wouldn't mind putting down some for a unsubsidized Nexus One. By the looks of it, it seems like an awesome phone. With Multi-touch enabled, promised future updates, and more intuitive way to multi-task, and this will be one of my perfect devices.

Your eagerness matches that of all of us! Patience, however, is not one of my virtues :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links