Would 3G work in Puerto Rico?

This is a discussion on Would 3G work in Puerto Rico? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; According to GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... , Puerto Rico has GSM 850/1900 and UMTS 850/1900. I'm sort of ...

Thread: Would 3G work in Puerto Rico?

Would 3G work in Puerto Rico?

According to GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more..., Puerto Rico has GSM 850/1900 and UMTS 850/1900.
    I'm sort of new to the whole GSM thing, since my company only changed recently to GSM, but they have 3G support. So, I'm wondering, would the N1 work with 3G in Puerto Rico?

On a slightly related note, I thought that once you had a SIM card and an unlocked phone you only had to stick it in the phone (if it's unlocked) and it would work, was I mistaken somehow?
    Because I was reading one of the many N1 related topics, and they mentioned something about this. I'm slightly confused~

Thanks for your help everyone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If AT&T or T-Mobile has coverage there then it will work there. Since the Nexus is a GSM phone and being sold unlocked. You will need to add you SIM card for service. I am sure it will need to be activated also but I am not sure how that is going to work. Except for reading Google employee's are having to go in and activate like every one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    If AT&T or T-Mobile has coverage there then it will work there. Since the Nexus is a GSM phone and being sold unlocked. You will need to add you SIM card for service. I am sure it will need to be activated also but I am not sure how that is going to work. Except for reading Google employee's are having to go in and activate like every one else.
    Both have coverage, but I'm with another company. I could switch, though. But I'm hoping to stay with my current company.
    Thanks anyway, at least I know that I can use it, even if I have to switch!

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAceOfHearts View Post
    According to GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more..., Puerto Rico has GSM 850/1900 and UMTS 850/1900.
    I'm sort of new to the whole GSM thing, since my company only changed recently to GSM, but they have 3G support. So, I'm wondering, would the N1 work with 3G in Puerto Rico?

On a slightly related note, I thought that once you had a SIM card and an unlocked phone you only had to stick it in the phone (if it's unlocked) and it would work, was I mistaken somehow?
    Because I was reading one of the many N1 related topics, and they mentioned something about this. I'm slightly confused~

Thanks for your help everyone.
    I believe you are correct, it should work... many people use iPhones with different carriers. For example, I've seen an iPhone work in Costa Rica with iCE, the government owned telcom.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links