Who has passed on the Droid?

This is a discussion on Who has passed on the Droid? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The Motorola Droid has been a great phone and I'm sure exceeded what everyone thought the phone would be.. Now it seems like most are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has passed on the Droid?

dandroid

Who has passed on the Droid?

The Motorola Droid has been a great phone and I'm sure exceeded what everyone thought the phone would be.. Now it seems like most are comparing the Nexus One to the Droid and how much better the phone is.. How many have passed on the Droid waiting for the Nexus One?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm still debating, but am nearly sure I won't get the Moto Droid but rather probably the Eris. I'm going to try and hold out as long as possible, as the more research I do, the more I read about Google releasing a ton more Droids in early 2010.

I'd really love the N1, but I'm just not sure they'll sell it unlocked and compatible with VZW. Since T-Mobile dropped $9B to build a reliable data network, they seem like the way to go for the N1, but I am going to stick with VZW.

Quote Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post
    I'm still debating, but am nearly sure I won't get the Moto Droid but rather probably the Eris. I'm going to try and hold out as long as possible, as the more research I do, the more I read about Google releasing a ton more Droids in early 2010.

I'd really love the N1, but I'm just not sure they'll sell it unlocked and compatible with VZW. Since T-Mobile dropped $9B to build a reliable data network, they seem like the way to go for the N1, but I am going to stick with VZW.

If you like the N1 and wasnt to be on VZW. Then wait on the Passion which is coming very VERY soon. Same device just in CDMA form and re-branded

I passed on the droid after being all hyped and ready for it. Even after they sent me the "early upgrade" offer with no penalty. I went the first day it was available. Waited on my 5 min line to check it out. Picked it up. And i wasnt impressed. Read reviews and it was overwhelmingly loved. But still. I wasnt satisfied. I knew better phones were to come. So i waited. And low and behold. "NEXUS ONE!" information started to purposely "leak" on to the internet world. Now Since then. Its been my new addiction. Droid is just a low class smart phone to the near future possiblities. : )
    GO NEXUS! ; )

After spending 45 minutes in the store getting a feel for the Droid and the Eris I too decided to wait.

Not Considered at all after seeing the great N1 specs!

The only thing that appealed to me was the hardware keyboard. I love the phone, but simply can't afford Verizon. It would be near the same price as my old Helio contract, and switching to T-Mobile was my best choice.

When I heard that the Nexus was coming to T-Mobile 3g, it sealed it! I got a cheap T-Mobile phone to use in waiting for the Nexus!

I work for an engineering firm. Our company provided mobile provider is Verizon, although it is loved there are quite a few issues. Many of the droids in the office insist on dropping exchange email. Every time I am in the NOC it seems like I hear one of our Techs opening another ticket for the droid.

That being said if I had Verizon for my personal phone I would still probably be all over it. It is a quality piece of hardware that has not been seen since the iPhone came out. Many of the other Droid phones are just cheap plastic and feel like toys.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

Cool Passed on Droid because its on Verizon

I also looked at the Droid, very impressive phone. However, I have tried all the carriers and I firmly believe T-Mobile is by far the best network out there. When you need customer service or tech support T-Mobile is hands down the best there is. My G1 works virtually everywhere and I couldnt be happier with T-Mobile. I am verry happy and releived that the Nexus One will be on T-Mobiles network and I will definately be getting one. If any of you are current T-Mobile customers and want to get the best possible deal just call T-Mobile and get the "Customer Retention Department" on the line, they can make the best possible deals that T-Mobile customer service agents cant match.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I also looked at the Droid, very impressive phone. However, I have tried all the carriers and I firmly believe T-Mobile is by far the best network out there. When you need customer service or tech support T-Mobile is hands down the best there is. My G1 works virtually everywhere and I couldnt be happier with T-Mobile. I am verry happy and releived that the Nexus One will be on T-Mobiles network and I will definately be getting one. If any of you are current T-Mobile customers and want to get the best possible deal just call T-Mobile and get the "Customer Retention Department" on the line, they can make the best possible deals that T-Mobile customer service agents cant match.

I will agree with the customer service, but in my region T-mobile is 3rd best coverage maybe 4th. Behind Verizon, Att, and maybe Sprint.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links