Get Nexus on Release or Wait?

This is a discussion on Get Nexus on Release or Wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I would get it on release. I highly doubt any bug fixes over the first few months would require sending in your phone....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get Nexus on Release or Wait?

I would get it on release. I highly doubt any bug fixes over the first few months would require sending in your phone.

For international users, this post may change the rules a bit:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nal-users.html

Quote Originally Posted by galaxys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I was all set to buy when it came out until I saw the price. $199 would have been great. It might be worth $530, but why rush in? Who knows what there will be in a month or so? Better phones, better deals.
    "Better phones, better deals" is an endless cycle! U have to be decisive at some point
    I don't think waiting a month is being indecisive. I have been buying computers and other technology for over 20 years. It's sometimes best to wait a while before jumping in. You can waste a lot of money being on the bleeding edge.......

"Better phones, better deals" is an endless cycle! U have to be decisive at some point
    This is true I do a lot with computers and video cards are the same way.
    The tech moves sooooooooooooooooo fast now there is ALLWAYS something better "right around the corner"
    Waiting a week or 2 may be ok but this phone will have 10 trillion reviews with in a week so within a a few days of launch you should have a very very good idea of what is truly good and bad about this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaric View Post
    This is true I do a lot with computers and video cards are the same way.
    The tech moves sooooooooooooooooo fast now there is ALLWAYS something better "right around the corner"
    Waiting a week or 2 may be ok but this phone will have 10 trillion reviews with in a week so within a a few days of launch you should have a very very good idea of what is truly good and bad about this phone.
    It's not really the phone that I am concerned with, it's the cost. With the explosion of Android phones hitting the market, the prices should drop significantly. Now if they started the price off at say $199, I would buy now. But if they price it at $530 as the rumors are suggesting, I think it would be prudent to wait a month to see how the market responds.

It's not really the phone that I am concerned with, it's the cost. With the explosion of Android phones hitting the market, the prices should drop significantly. Now if they started the price off at say $199, I would buy now. But if they price it at $530 as the rumors are suggesting, I think it would be prudent to wait a month to see how the market responds.

The price was daunting for me at first, but when it comes down to it, $530 for a phone is pretty average for a high quality unlocked phone.

Google COULD of put the phone out very cheap..... But probably won't. I think the price is the introductory price of the phone. Obviously after a few months once newer better phones come out, the phone will get cheaper.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I hope it will go down...........I may end up with a droid. Im waiting for all the CES announcements this week.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    The price was daunting for me at first, but when it comes down to it, $530 for a phone is pretty average for a high quality unlocked phone.

Google COULD of put the phone out very cheap..... But probably won't. I think the price is the introductory price of the phone. Obviously after a few months once newer better phones come out, the phone will get cheaper.
    From what I have read, $530 is low, but when you consider it only cost's about $180 to make one, you can see they are making a bundle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post

From what I have read, $530 is low, but when you consider it only cost's about $180 to make one, you can see they are making a bundle on it.

Did you read that it only cost about 180 to make? That is usually the case but this one has the snap dragon processor and the oled screen. I think that would up the price quite a bit.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

Wait until tomorrow to decide. If it is over 500, I will just wait until later and get it on Craigslist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links