Get Nexus on Release or Wait?

This is a discussion on Get Nexus on Release or Wait? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I've had my sights set on getting the Nexus as soon as possible once its for sale, but I've been pondering this idea. Is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Nexus on Release or Wait?

Get Nexus on Release or Wait?

So I've had my sights set on getting the Nexus as soon as possible once its for sale, but I've been pondering this idea.

Is it a bad idea to buy a device upon release date?

There have been quite a few phones and devices (ie. Playstation 2) that the first batch/release had faulty/malfunctions in the hardware or programing. While I know I'm excited as pretty much everyone else about the Nexus, the kinda thing that worries me, is the possibility of Google releasing the Nexus One, with a certain price/design now. Then eventually releasing a cheaper, updated model?

I know that this happens either ways, but just from the LACK of information that Google has released about the phone, combined with the seemingly SHORT time it was leaked online to the *scheduled?* release date, makes it seem like there is space for error?

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy it ASAP regardless, but I would like to see other peoples opinions.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll get it kinda asap
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Admin
    Your going to pay a bit more on release date, but you also get to enjoy the device longer then the other people. The phone hardware also wont change, but software updates will come along.

It's part of being on the bleeding edge, I don't think it's such a bad idea to get it on release date

If it is priced $199 as rumor said, it is already cheap without the contract and I don't see the price can go any lower. At that price you can only get a used mytouch on craigslist if lucky.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mesovortex888 View Post
    If it is priced $199 as rumor said, it is already cheap without the contract and I don't see the price can go any lower. At that price you can only get a used mytouch on craigslist if lucky.
    Nice member # meso

lol I just notice that. Guess I am lucky

I hope to get it on release or sooner! :D

THIS is the phone I've been looking for.

Welcome aboard, and I hope you (and I) can get it soon!

Well, with the $530 price tag, who is still going for it?

I'm not sure if I will. 200 is one thing, but what happens if Google decides to sell the phone unlocked for 300 or less later?

I don't think I can justify $530 on ANY cellphone, regardless of the functions or abilities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links